Agriculture Auditor (Global G.A.P. and/or PrimusGFS) - Arizona
Agriculture Auditor (Global G.A.P. and/or PrimusGFS) - FDS1452
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
More information about NSF International can be found at nsf.org.
Are you interested in a new and dynamic opportunity? NSF is looking for a motivated and proactive Auditor to join our Agriculture department!
Benefits of joining our team?
- We're flexible! We offer flexible work arrangements that suit your lifestyle.
- We care about your health! Did you know in addition to company paid benefits, we offer extra corporate holidays.
- You’re super important and we know it! We value our talent and each person plays a critical role in the success we achieve each and every day!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You possess extensive work experience in Global G.A.P. and/or PrimusGFS.
- You excel at communicating and working with a large number of internal and external stakeholders to provide global customer service support.
- You have experience with intermediate office programs such as Microsoft Suite and managing internal databases.
Conduct inspections and audits at assigned client locations and determine compliance with findings of inspections and audits, perform training and consulting services, as assigned.
- Conduct fresh produce food safety inspections/audits and summarize and evaluate inspection/audit findings. Consistently interpret audit guidelines and score audits
- Communicate findings/results of inspections/audits with client site management or appropriate client personnel.
- Provide representation, complete projects and execute signed agreements with NSF Agriculture clients.
- Develop effective work plans for the completion of assigned inspections/audits within a determined timeframe.
- Complete technical reviews and certification decisions as required.
- Support NSF’s business units by assisting clients in the identification of additional NSF services that may be beneficial.
- Monitor and report client needs, service delivery issues, and competitive threats to management team.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with program representatives as it relates to assigned clients while maintaining strong professional and interpersonal relations with NSF Agriculture clients, service companies, growers/shippers, and government officials.
- 9. Deliver presentations to growers, shippers, distributors, buyers, trade associations, regulatory agencies, and product user groups, as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Required frequent overnight travel.
- Required to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel by car or plane.
- Extensive use of computers and other electronic equipment.
- Moderate physical effort required (ability to carry equipment weighing 25 lbs or less).
- Ability to follow client and regulatory required safety practices.
- Majority of work is performed in farming and food packing/handling environment or other non-office setting.
- Majority of time spend work independently from a remote location.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, plant science, crop and soil science, food science, food technology or other related scientific areas of study.
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience in areas such as quality assurance or food safety functions in food production or manufacturing, retailing, inspection or enforcement, or equivalent, related to fresh produce
- GAP/GMP auditing experience in fresh produce farms and/or facilities
- Knowledge and work experience with HACCP and Good Agricultural Practices.
- Experience with GLOBAPG.A.P. and/or PrimusGFS
- HACCP training at least 16 hours
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively including some evenings and weekend travel.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree in agriculture, food safety, or business
- Qualified GLOBALG.A.P. Auditor (QMS)
- Experience with produce food safety inspections/audits.
- Five years of experience in the agricultural and/or food industry Professional registration.
- Lead Auditor certified
- FSPCA PCQI training.
- Additional language skills - Spanish, French or other languages.
Job: Audit and Inspection
Primary Location: US-Arizona
NSF International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.