Food Safety Auditor - Queens, NY - Forest Hills, NY 11375
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
With over 3,000 employees globally, our Consumer Retail Services (CRS) division works closely with manufacturers, retailers and brands to support them in developing and producing innovative, safe products through consumer product testing. Our proactive approach to risk reduction eliminates issues in sourcing, safety, and quality assurance before they impact our client’s business and brand. Our expertise and dedication to enhance sustainability also extends across the areas of social responsibility, environmental, brand protection, supply chain security, extractives, and raw material sourcing.
What youâll learn & achieve::
Food Safety Auditor -Queens, NY Territory
- Manages the completion of assigned client food safety audits primarily restaurants and grocery stores.
- Utilizes food safety knowledge and training to objectively analyze and assess food safety, sanitation, and security measures at client locations.
- Educates and trains client employees on food safety practices.
- Supports the client adoption of important food safety principles.
- Prepares written analyses for clients which includes observations, assessments, and recommendations conveyed during audits.
- Serves as a liaison between the client and the Health Department when requested.
What makes you a great fit::
- University degree in a science curriculum, two years of experience in retail food safety, restaurant food safety, Environmental Health, Public Health or other relevant experience preferred.
- RS or REHS Certification, or equivalent certification preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project expectations
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Willingness to do 25-50% overnight travel
What youâll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com and https://crs.ul.com/en/