QA Technician - Belcamp, MD 21017
McCormick & Company, Incorporated , a global leader in flavor, is seeking a QA Technician reporting to a Team Manager . This individual will work at the Maryland Distribution Center located in Belcamp, MD .
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general direction of distribution operations leadership, the QA Technician will work in a High-Performance Organization Operating Model environment performing QA Technician / Inspector / Auditor functions. To a certain extent, the candidate will be self-directed, but at times will need to participate on team based needs, meeting performance goals, maintaining a clean/safe work environment, and maintaining a high level of quality and service to their customers. This position will support coverage to all related building facilities in the MDC Campus.
- Manage the review and regulatory release of import items. This involves communicating with various functions including the import/export groups to obtain release if the information is not in SAP.
- Generate various weekly warehouse inventory reports; Issues Quality Notification (QN) Defective Material Report (DMRs) for materials that are out of specification, Past Shelf Life (PSL).
- Issues Defective Material Alert (DMAs) for materials when appropriate.
- Coordination of timely quarantine and Quality Notification process including disposition of discrepant materials. Satisfy all product sample requests.
- Follow-up as instructed by division and plant QA representatives on specific customer complaints. This often involves sampling and the examination of products for specific attributes. This could also include troubleshooting warehouse issues for the correction of damage and carrier complaints.
- Research historical records for causes or information.
- Process inbound returns and support inbound receiving.
- Update fixed bins for PSL on a regular basis.
- Provide troubleshooting support to distribution center by investigating issues that adversely affect product quality and recommending potential solutions. Conducts walk throughs of the warehouse locations for inspection of GMPs, Sanitation, etc.
- Works with external service provider on management of pest control program. This includes the review of weekly service records, coordination with conjunction of Maintenance Manager, and follow-up on identified corrections, maintenance of pest control reports.
- Conduct monthly sanitation/Food safety audit for the facility. Responsible for leading regulatory inspections, and 3rd party/customer audits (e.g. AIB, Subway, etc.).
- Represents QA within the facility to coordinate follow-up and correction of outstanding issues. Issue, manage, and provide feedback on Certificates of Analysis (COAs).
- Work toward reducing returns through participation in NA Service Improvement cross functional teams.
- Any/all JTE Quality, Visual Factory, and other related items
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of how all areas integrates with other areas and co-ordinates to contribute to the achievement of goals. This individual must have the capability of earning/maintaining a Fork Truck / PIT License.
- Uses judgement based on the analysis of information.
- Requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of information.
- Expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience and review of precedents.
- Sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills are required to exchange complicated information, including sensitive information or information that is difficult to communicate because of its content or its audience.
- Individual will preferably enter this role with a combination of demonstrated technical and self-directed skills equivalent to a minimum of 3 year of experience within the Quality/QA function
- Experience in access database.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of SAP transactions (Quality and Inventory focused) and SAP results/data
E mployees who meet these qualifications and are interested in pursuing this position must notify their direct supervisor and their unit HR representative prior to applying.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.