Food Safety Center Microbiology Laboratory Quality Officer - Liberal, KS 67901
Get a job you'll LOVE! National Beef of Liberal, Kansas, is seeking to hire a qualified professional to join our Team as the Food Safety Center Microbiology Lab Quality Officer. With competitive pay and benefits, stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, National Beef could become your next career move!
The individual who fills this position will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor Compliance with the Food Safety Center Quality System and report any deviations to the Laboratory Manager or other member of the FSC management staff.
- Work with Food Safety Center Management staff to promote smooth implementation and compliance with the policies and procedures outlined in the Food Safety Quality System.
- Oversee all quarterly proficiency inter-laboratory testing
- Oversee all daily productivity microbial testing
- Maintain the quality system and all appropriate documents
- Conduct investigations based on claims from our customers and requests from management staff
- Provide useful and manageable resources for laboratory technicians
- Manage and maintain all quality documentation for current issue
- Complete assigned special tasks from Director of Food safety or Laboratory Manager
- Conduct quarterly storeroom audits with inventory clerk
- Assist the data entry clerk and Laboratory Information Management System administrator enter results from testing
- Perform monthly housekeeping audits of laboratory facilities
- Prepare reports periodically for upper management
- Conduct any and all training for laboratory personnel
- Work with the inventory clerk to maintain appropriate levels of supplies
- Maintain all equipment receiving, servicing, and maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Advanced computer literacy skills to include windows programs, specifically excel and access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills- demonstrated with all levels of management, technicians and auditors
- Solid reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to Multi-task with a solid attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and Interpersonal skills
- High energy level with a strong sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in microbiology or related field
- Excellent writing skills to include reviewing documents, reports and developing SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
National Beef is a leader in producing fresh, chilled and further processed beef products for customers in the U.S. and worldwide. We offer a variety of employment opportunities in our production, packaging, and hide tanning facilities that stretch from the western plains to the east coast. We strive to be the preferred employer in every one of those communities, whether it’s measured by the number of people employed or the good we do in the area. We invite you to join our family, wherever you call home.