Quality Assurance Technician - Pedricktown, NJ 08067
Agro Merchants Group
AGRO Merchants currently owns and operates over 7.5 million cubic meters of temperature-controlled warehouse and distribution space in the U.S, UK, Austria, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Australia, Brazil, Chile and the Netherlands.
AGRO Merchants Group offers an inspiring international work environment and atmosphere in which you can make a difference every day. Our enterprising culture is characterized by a strong customer orientation, quality focus, strong drive, openness and decisiveness.
If you have passion for cold storage and distribution, and the desire to turn ideas into practice, then you may be a candidate to join the AGRO team.
Responsible for the daily operations of the QA department, which can encompass, but not solely involves, the daily pre-operational inspections of the facility, QA inspections when necessary as deemed at the request of a customer as situations arise, responsible to maintain a level of food safety throughout the facility through various scheduled audits which are done daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
The main responsibilities for this position will be in the following areas of product QA: lamb, beef, veal, goat, mutton, chicken, sausage, pork, shellfish, and a variety of frozen fruit. They will also be responsible for reviewing the inbound pictorial program photos and performing building inspections. QA Technicians are responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Company’s Food Safety, Food Defense and Quality standards.
- Calibration, tracing and maintenance of thermometers and data loggers
- Tracking and maintenance of cameras
- Collecting and monitoring warehouse temperatures manually
- Use SOPs, SSOPs, Work Instructions to verify and monitor QA and Operations procedures.
- Verify GMPs are being followed on daily basis in the QA department & Operations
- Daily operational checks in preventative maintenance, sanitation and safety
- Weekly & monthly sanitation, preventative maintenance, & safety checklist.
- Review, verify & maintain logs.
- Weekly QA meetings discussing SQF and any other customer audit compliance and customer specifications.
- Keep current with knowledge of industry regulations, technology and standards.
- HACCP Certified
- Chemical inventory, usage, expiration, potency and efficacy of mixtures strength and dilution levels.
- Maintenance, review and analysis of shared drive pictorial program.
- Respond to internal and external email requests for information regarding QA department functions, audit compliance or regulations and customer specifications.
- Member of the Safety Coordination Team with responsibility to report all safety or compliance issue to FSQR Director and HR.
- Verifies sanitation, operations and QA which has the tools and resources to operate appropriately to assure product safety, security and quality, are in compliance with audit specifications and OSHA food safety responsibilities include timely communication of customer requests or inquiries regarding product disposition (holds/releases), special shipping requirements and recall information between Operations and the customer, abide by Employee GMP’s and report any possible food safety hazards or threats to upper management.
- Knowledge of USDA & FDA procedures and processes is a plus
- HACCP Trained a plus
- SQF Certified a plus
- PCQI Certified a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Team player
- No allergies to crustacean shell fish, fin fish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy or wheat – this is a must, due to the nature of the job
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to handle customer deadlines
- Ability to handle and work through high pressure situations appropriately
- Ability to adapt to different environments and situations quickly
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Customer Service experience
- Good to excellent camera skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to schedule and prioritize responsibilities / multi-tasking a must
- Valid driver’s license with their own transportation to travel between facilities as needed
- Capable to lift 60 lbs.
- Capable of working in a cold environment
- Good tactile sensitivity in finger tips in cold conditions
- Capable of standing for an extended period on hard surfaces
- Good working knowledge of email, MS Word & Excel, along with ability to learn new programs.