Operations Manager - Modesto, CA 95354
Mercer Foods, LLC.
Join Our Growing Team!
Mercer Foods will be the leading and most trusted sustainable North American Supplier of quality freeze dried products that make people’s lives better.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Schedule: Night Shift – 5 pm – 5 am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversees and manages production in a freeze dried manufacturing environment: plans
and coordinates work, develops improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Manages production priorities.
2. Ensures effective employee relations.
3. Recommends and implements cost effective and efficient plant processes.
4. Provides leadership productions facility.
5. Directly responsible for employee development and performance decisions.
6. Establishes departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to director
7. Works in compliance and promotes a work environment which complies with GFGSI standards for a food processing facility.
8. Performs accident / incident investigations to the point of offering resolve.
9. Maintains a safe work environment and follows OSHA guidelines and other government agency requirements, wherever
10. Develops systems and continuous improvement concepts.
11. Performs all duties as required in his / her production area.
12. Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
through others by establishing and carrying out metrics and Key Performance Indicators. An ability to think ahead, plan and prepare
action plans to achieve results. An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and
employee relations using Lean strategies, 5S, etc. The possession of quality orientation and attention to detail, problem analysis and
resolution. In addition to, strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
Physical environment/working conditions: The position is a manufacturing setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking and
lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Unrestricted visual and audio abilities are required for the safety of all
employees. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs is required.
Equipment and Machinery used: All machines required for the production and distribution of freeze dried product.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information): Must be able to work as part of a team, in extreme
temperatures, and various shifts.
Apply at: Mercerfoods.com
Night Shift from 5 pm - 5 am