Quality Manager - Oxnard, CA
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Responsible for Quality and Food Safety for KeVita – Oxnard manufacturing.
Role has oversight for two facilities in Oxnard, CA including a fermentation and blending operation and a packaging operation. Including monitoring of product and raw material quality parameters by ensuring adherence to existing departmental, company, and regulatory agency policies and programs. Manage all technically related activities pertaining to product quality development, supplier qualification, third party activities and customer relations.
- Serve as Food Safety Team Leader. Ensure that HACCP program is being adhered to, CCPs are met and prescribed corrective action is taken in the event of any deviations from set critical limits.
- Serve as Food Quality Development Plan Team Leader. Ensure that the Food Quality Plan is being adhered to, CQPs are met and prescribed corrective action is taken in the event of any deviations from set critical limits.
- Perform the duties of FSSC Internal Auditor
- Design, implement and evaluate plant programs and procedures as they relate to product safety and quality. Including but not limited to sensory, consumer complaints, allergen management, CAPA, internal audit, training and continuous programs.
- Maintain a qualified technical staff to meet department and company objectives and provide opportunities for employees to develop new skills.
- Review analytical data regularly to ensure quality standards are adhered to, manage the disposition of any product or raw material that does not meet current specifications.
- Continually evaluate plant GMP and sanitation standards and programs by reviewing facility inspection reports and follow-up actions.
- Support the plant staff by assisting in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may impact product safety or quality.
- Monitor product quality of raw and packaging material suppliers.
- Prepare summary reports for management review.
- Interact with regulatory agency representatives as necessary. Provide report to management on any reported violations to regulations and monitor follow-up actions.
- Coordinate and assist as necessary with developmental projects to meet concept and time frames. Review all new product formulations, process techniques and packaging to ensure compliance to existing regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain all relevant certifications for the product and the facility including Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher, FSSC/GFSI
- Responsible for reporting food safety observations, suspicious behavior and for following all QA food safety, SOPs, and GMPs.
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience required: 5-10 yrs in Quality Assurance, 2-5 yrs supervisory/management level in a manufacturing environment. Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP,GMP requirements, Sanitation, and Quality Systems
- Technical knowledge of the beverage industry processes, fermentation operations, packaging equipment, pasteurization and CIP systems
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Ability to train others in Total Quality Management Philosophies
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self – directed
- Political savvy to drive change at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and plant personnel
- Working knowledge in principals of SPC, Project Management, Facilitation, Prioritization, Problem Solving skills
- Ability to work in both union and non-union environments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement