Manager Facility Quality - Cleveland, OH
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of products through sanitation, ingredient, and packaging and quality systems management. Role is the Guardian of quality compliance and challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Consumer Services, while building a cross functional quality, compliance and performance culture. Is responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and activities. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to NQMS / FSSC 22000, regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety. Utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the Factory Manager with a functional reporting line to Corporate Quality Management.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
- Maintain, promote and develop high health and safety standards and lead by example to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures. Promote the culture change towards behavioral safety improvements and support SH&E compliance in all Operation Quality activities.
QUALITY – Factory Quality Manager is responsible to:
- Direct and oversee the development, implementation and administration of QA activities in all phases of production at factory level (Nestlé Quality Systems).
- Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
- Promote quality awareness and ownership across value chain
- Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its efficiency to management and implement actions for improvement
- Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits i.e. FSSC 22000, NQMS, NGA/Market audits
- Ensure the effective operation of HACCP and Food Safety Teams
- Drive Hygiene and NGMP programs across the whole factory and external warehouse
- Identify and apply “Standard Practices” within the facility or from the broader network.
- Be the factory Quality Pillar and champion NCE quality related activities
- Run QA related projects from inception to final reports and implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Dept on a factory-wide basis.
- Provide technical support/resources for Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Factory QA Manager provide support to :
- Divisional TAG, PTC/R&D, Engineering, Vendors, Consumer Service, Sales & Marketing and Supply chain on Quality related matters
- Marketing by participating in Product Reviews on factory and Corporate level
- In close partnership with Corporate Quality, liaise with Consumer Services, Marketing and Brand Manager by investigating and communicating consumer complaint trends and resolutions
- NUSA Quality Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans
- Factory Crisis Management Team
- Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility
- Support to local, State and Federal agencies when requested by Divisional QA.
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all meaningful personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objection.
- Drive Monthly reviews of KPI’s and contribute towards meeting the yearly business Goals for the Facility.
- Lead Monthly MQR reviews for the facility.
- Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others.
- Oversee the activities of department personnel, with strong emphasis on people development.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. in Dairy Science, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or similar scientific discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Within this there must be 2-3 years of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Manager level.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP’s, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food regulations, specifications, analytical and microbiological lab methods desired and basic food technology.
- Knowledge of Quality systems & principles
- Knowledge of Micro and Hygiene monitoring
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented. Statistical analysis experience is preferred.
- Developed understanding of finance targets and the overall budget structure of the laboratory
- Operates with integrity and is respectful
- Experience with SAP and Trace software preferred.
- Nestlé NQMS or FSSC 22000 training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training by Silliker, etc. Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred).
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.