Regulatory Compliance / Sanitation Supervisor - Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC
The Regulatory Compliance / Sanitation Supervisor assists the Quality Manager on 1st Shift in supporting the company’s corporate, local and departmental goals and policies by leading, supervising and developing Sanitation staff members and their activities. This role will have a focus on coordinating, developing, implementing, and ensuring companywide food safety and quality compliance programs, standards and systems. The Regulatory Compliance / Sanitation Supervisor assures proper execution of programs to support Quality/Sanitation and BRC Programs, as well as standards for Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined by government regulatory agencies. As a Regulatory Compliance / Sanitation Supervisor, the job holder must possess a high degree of initiative, responsibility, work ethic and flexibility. The employee must be willing to contribute in any aspect that relates to our company’s products or activities, even if such aspect is not directly related to other part of this job description.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, team members must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create food safety, sanitation and pesticide application programs including required documentation.
- Provide reports to management analyzing effectiveness of pest control, consumer satisfaction, quality assurance and compliance programs.
- Create and execute training for facility personnel regarding required quality system topics including but not limited to GMP, HACCP, food safety/security.
- Ensure prompt investigation on all customer feedback, including consumer and field complaints, food safety issues, and community feedback to environmental issues.
- Oversee compliance to BRC certification requirements and conduct the internal auditing of the BRC system and internal quality programs.
- Manage manual or internet-based document system and serve as the administrator for the program.
- Monitor the verification and validation activities to ensure compliance to documented Food Safety and Quality plans and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee plant compliance in auditable areas. (extraneous matter, GMPs, equipment design, testing controls, infrastructure and maintenance, etc).
- Oversee regulatory visits and inspections including: FDA, Kosher, Halal, etc.
- Oversee plant calibration program.
- Create and provide quality and food safety compliance training to all plant personnel.
- Manage the Internal audit program & CAPA programs.
- Actively participate and support all safety initiatives within the manufacturing location.
- Direct, delegate and assign tasks to sanitation employees.
- Train employees on duties.
- Motivate employees and promote a positive work environment.
- Maintain employee absence and tardy records.
- Administer progressive disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to GMP’s and the production of outstanding quality products.
- Backfill quality manager as necessary.
- Primarily a first shift role, ability to work off-shifts and weekends as needed.
COMPETENCIES/ABILITIES: These are key observable/measurable skills, knowledge and behaviors required that contribute to successful performance in the position.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, ability to multi-task effectively, be proactive and self-directed while using effective delegation and follow-up skills.
- Attention to detail when working with scientific data and analysis.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- BRC, SQF audit experience a plus.
- Ability to understand, follow, and provide detailed oral and written work instructions.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and platform production programs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to meet all other physical requirements of work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work across day parts (nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours) as required.
- Bachelor (4yr) degree desired, Associates degree (2yr) required.
We offer competitive starting rates and benefit packages including:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Company-paid Life Insurance
Company-paid Short-Term Disability
401k with match
Company Sponsored HSA with match
Paid vacation and holidays
On-site fitness center
And much more!
About Enjoy Life Foods
Enjoy Life Foods is the leading brand in the growing Free-From category, featuring a robust portfolio of Certified Gluten-Free and Non-GMO Project Verified products that are free from the eight most common food allergens, identified as wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish. Founded with the mission to create great-tasting Free-From options anyone can enjoy, Enjoy Life’s product line includes cookies, snack bars, chocolate bars, baking chocolate, baking mixes, cereals, seed and fruit mixes and Lentils, a plant-based savory chip made from lentils. Enjoy Life’s mission and brand promise is to deliver safe, better-for-you products free-from the top eight food allergens, but not free-from taste, so everyone can Enjoy Life to the Fullest!
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or applicable state law.
Disability Accommodation for Application: Enjoy Life Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at Enjoy Life Foods, please contact us at 301 Salem Rd. Jeffersonville IN, 47130