Supply Chain Food Safety & Quality Manager - Austin, TX 78703
Whole Foods Market
Conducts a variety of supply chain activities including on-site evaluations of food, beverage, produce, meat, seafood, supplements, or consumer goods processors, packaging facilities, and company-owned operations; passion to teach and train others regarding quality systems, operational methods, personnel training, maintenance for food safety, sanitary design and cleaning practices for general operations and category specific sites. Strong contributor with High-Risk Food experience.
Responsibilities- tasks and outputs
- Leads the efforts to support and monitor WFM’s manufacturing supply chain to assess operational food safety and quality programs, first production performance, vendor tiering, regulatory compliance, and conformance to WFM expectations.
- Visits, collects, and compiles data and information on the facility and/or first production performance along with adherence to quality standards and expectations. Compiles the findings and recommendations into formal Quality Reviews, distributing them to merchandising teams, vendors, and other stakeholders as required.
- Reviews specifications during vendor visits and provides routine improvement feedback on product specifications, including testing parameters.
- Provides a written technical review and approves / disapproves new or existing facilities.
- Leads the technical review of incident management program including analysis of data, root cause, preventive and corrective mitigations.
Skills- critical skills / competencies (functional, technical, behavioral) required to be successful in the role.
- Strong understanding of the food-related QA theory, principles, practices, and techniques, and focused attention to detail with strong emphasis on High-Risk Food manufacturing, processing, packaging, and distribution.
- Capable of taking ownership of interpreting contract requirements, plans, and technical specifications, industry standards of practice, .
- Maintains in depth knowledge of High-Risk products’ Food Safety and Quality programs: HACCP, ISO, Quality Systems, Federal / State and International food safety legislation.
- Communicates/presents structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion for peers, subordinates, and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with others to achieve the objectives and ensure information flow.
- Participates in and provides senior-level support to the team and cross-functional projects.
- Advanced ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor projects, and overcome barriers.
- Understands the trends and emerging challenges facing the customer, market, and industry.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
- Experience reviewing and risk assessing suppliers of commodities with respect to Ethical Excellence and Social Compliance.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree and 10-15 years’ relevant experience, minimum 5 years’ experience in a QA/QC leadership role in High-Risk Food Processing facility.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Position requires up to 60% travel, overnight, domestic and international, and adherence to WFM Travel and Expense Policies. Adverse physical conditions in facilities-wet, cold, hot, dusty, climbing required, wearing of PPE may be required, etc.
- Must have Passport and no country travel restrictions.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs