Quality Assurance and Food Safety - Carnegie, PA 15106
Pittsburgh - (local team), PA
4 Year Degree
The Quality Assurance (QA) and Food Safety Manager is a key leadership position that spans responsibility for testing and overseeing the quality and safety of raw materials and finished products during the pre-operational and operational processes of food production in our facilities. This position is responsible for monitoring and updating the SQF, HACCP and FSMA Food Safety Systems including pre-requisite programs and audits,(internal and external) to measure compliance with QA and Food Safety and Quality Standards and Regulations. Along with implementing and managing current technology and information, this position will collect and maintain the most up-to-date knowledge and continually work to improve efficiency of food quality and safety procedures.
Description & Requirements
- Oversees and monitors operations for compliance with policies and procedures of QA and food safety including, but not limited to, Allergen Control, GMP, SOP, SSOP, HACCP, Environmental Sampling, Pest Control, Continuous Improvement, FSMA and SQF.
- Oversees and monitors regulatory and company pre-requisite programs and audits (both internal and third party) to support company and customer QA programs.
- Directly manages QA Technicians.
- Communicates closely and efficiently with the Director of Quality and Food Safety, Production, Purchasing and R&D regarding acceptance, rejection and disposition of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring high standards of food processing sanitation at the pre-operational and operational stages of production.
- Ensures that Sanitation standards are maintained by providing guidance to the Sanitation Staff, and performing regularly scheduled Microbiological Sampling of Surfaces, water, air throughout the plant.
- Identifying and assessing key risks to QA and food safety policies and procedures.
- Provides necessary support to operations to ensure consistency and maintenance of high-quality products, as well as proper food safety and safety performance.
- Performs sensory evaluation and analysis of raw material samples, finished goods samples and retention samples.
- Provides regular training in Food Safety, Quality, Food Security, Sanitation, HACCP, SQF to all Production Staff, Supervisors, and Production Managers.
- Maintains and updates SQF and FSMA documentation and maintain the facility in an audit-ready status.
- Works closely with third party laboratories to ensure satisfactory completion of testing.
- Care and maintain laboratory and lab equipment essential in performance of QA and Food Safety duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior proofreading, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Advanced customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of food product development and processes, food safety and allergens.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or technology, biology, microbiology, chemistry or related field.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible QA and Food Safety experience.
- At least (5) years experience in food manufacturing setting.
- Microbiology experience as it relates to food manufacturing environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of SQF, FDA, FSMA updates and USDA food regulations and documentation requirements.
- Prior department management experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Full Time position
- Paid vacation or pay in lieu of vacation time; if desired
- Company apparel
- Verizon Discount
- 25% off DeLallo.com
- . Health, dental, and vision coverage available
- Opportunity for accident, hospital, cancer, critical care, short-term disability, term life and whole life coverage
- 401K with company-match
- Growth opportunities for those interested in advancing their career with DeLallo
The George DeLallo Company was founded with the ideals of offering true authentic Italian foods with unmatched quality and consistency. The company has maintained a constant presence in the Specialty Food industry for over 60-years and is dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today as well as exceptional service. Whether it is found on traditional Italian grocery items such as olive oil, pasta, vinegar, tomatoes, or on our complete line of cured olives and antipasti, the DeLallo label guarantees consumers authenticity, quality, and consistency.
Today, DeLallo’s original Jeannette, PA specialty retail store remains a vibrant and beloved part of the community and DeLallo products are distributed throughout the country. Come grow with us!
If you enjoy being part of a great team, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and excel at providing excellent customer service, we want to talk to you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.