Microbiology Technician - Allentown, PA
Mérieux NutriSciences is a solution provider dedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world".
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Microbiology Technician. Your mission will be to:
The incumbent prepares sample for processing and maintains documentation of process to facilitate analysis procedures.
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample
- Record findings on worksheet for verification
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding
- Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience and 1+ year relevant work; or, Bachelor’s degree required.
- The incumbent must have a basic knowledge of microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures
and obtain accurate results.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
- A basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Planning skills are useful to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within specified time.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!