Corporate QA Manager - Solon, OH
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
This position provides quality leadership, capability building and support for all Quality and Food Safety aspects in Nestlé USA manufacturing operations. Position provides technical expertise to factories and other functions to ensure compliance to food safety, regulatory requirements, Nestle policies and product quality as it pertains to manufacturing. Works closely with corporate functional partners, factory teams, vendors and co-manufacturers to drive defect reduction initiatives (Quality/Foreign Body/Consumer Complaints) in manufacturing.
2.Lead quality improvement and/or consumer centric initiatives across Nestle factories.
3.Drive defect reduction initiatives by collaborating with factory teams and other functions to develop and execute implementation and/or action plans.
4.Be a Quality leader on cross-functional teams driving business objectives and projects.
5.Provide technical support to factories and other functions during product/process innovation and renovation projects.
6.Capability Building and Training
7.Build leadership and professional skills, technical competence and autonomy in factory Quality Assurance Managers and their respective team members (includes new employee onboarding).
8.Facilitate quality events and provide governance to build capability in Nestle factory team members to ensure quality/food safety programs and systems be sustained.
9.Provide technical mentorship, coaching and training to Nestle factories, suppliers and operational / support staffs as needed.
10.Be a mentor and advisor to factory Quality Assurance Managers in the development of their staff.
12.Assess processes and trends to advise factories in the development of plans to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives.
13.Provide assistance to factories in risk assessment/management and the closure of major incidents, withdrawals or recalls.
14.Network cross-functionally with experts internal and external to Nestlé to support the modernization of food processing technologies and food safety systems.
15.Collaborate with Supplier Improvement Team to drive improvements at ingredient and packaging suppliers to reduce raw material defects and improve vendor performance.
16.Coordinate quality support from other functions such as R&D, CO-QM, NRC, Technical Applications Groups, Legal, Consumer Services, Marketing, Purchasing, Engineering and Finance to achieve business objectives.
17.Travel required – approximately 60-80%
18.Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and minimum education level:
- BS / BA degree in Food Science / Food Technology or related fields.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in food manufacturing operations.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years as Factory QA Manager preferred.
- Must have solid understanding and of food safety / HACCP, GMPs, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food regulations, specifications, and basic food technology.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn new food processing technologies and determine critical food safety aspects alone or through consultation with internal / external experts as appropriate.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
- Statistical analysis experience is helpful.
- Knowledgeable in Total Process Management (TPM), Quality Pillar and Coaching (GROW model).
- Understanding of LEAN Concepts & Management.
- ISO 9001 training or FSSC 22000 Food Safety and Quality Systems training and implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor training by approved external provider preferred.
- Project leadership skills strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, etc. (preferred).
- Experience with SAP software preferred.