Sanitation Technician - Pre-Op - San Antonio, TX 78216
This role is the point of contact for USDA and is responsible for inspecting production line(s) on which items are produced for the government; these lines must be properly cleaned by sanitation and made ready to be presented for USDA inspection/approval.
Essential Functions (mental & physical)
- Inspect equipment, ensuring it is clean and ready for USDA inspection according to USDA guidelines.
- Determine if sanitation has cleaned the equipment appropriately; if not communicate corrective measures back to sanitation staff and follow up to ensure compliance measures have been taken.
- Give direction to sanitation on all items to be corrected and that are deficient according to USDA guidelines.
- Complete Food safety and post sanitation checklists.
- Walk USDA through procedures on military items for audits.
- Respond to questions from auditors.
- Complete inspections on equipment after sanitation has released equipment to the plant for pre-op.
- Participate in environmental program, taking swabs, attending meetings, application of corrective actions, and participating in investigations.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Moisture Analyzer
- Water Activity Machines
- PH Meter
- Tensile Machine
- Oxygen Analyzer
- Minimum one year experience in quality, in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of HACCP (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic math skills (5th grade level)
- Reading and writing skills (5th grade level)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to track and log measurements
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly and follow direction
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work hours in excess of forty (40) hours will be required.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be net by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.