Corporate Safety Manager - Tipton, IN 46072
Park 100 Foods, Inc.
At Park 100 Foods, we strive for a food first culture by thoughtfully sourcing high integrity ingredients and passionately crafting every spoonful. We also know that great food begins with passionate people, which is why we are searching for a Safety EHS Manager in a food Production and Manufacturing environment to help us continue to provide quality products to our customers. This position will be located at our Tipton facility.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the below qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years EHS experience required; Experienced EHS Professional (CIH and/or CSP preferred) OR BS in Occupational Heath and Safety with internship experience working toward CIH and/or CSP will be considered.
- Must have OSHA 30.
- Experience in safety incident classification, investigation methodologies, and root cause analysis
- Able to develop and conduct training for entry level to executive level employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written procedures and instructions
- Ability to travel between all Park 100 facilities, spending full days at the various plant locations each week. Will require some hours spent at work in the very early mornings (around 0430) and late at night (around 2200) at times.
- This position is not a consultant position – it is a hands-on, feet on the floor position where the incumbent will be working alongside leaders and hourly employees to teach, audit and develop new approaches to the work creating and ensuring a very safe working environment.
- Must be qualified to teach CPR and First Aid.
- Experience in a food production environment (Preferred)
- 40-hour Hazardous Waste Training (HAZWOPER) (Preferred)
- Working experience with risk concepts, including classification from consequence and frequency estimates, risk-based decision making and cost-benefit analysis (Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with applicable regulatory agencies (Preferred)
- Actively manages day-to-day safety in our food manufacturing facilities providing occupational safety leadership to all Park 100 Foods locations.
- Develops, updates and implements safety programs, policies, and any required training programs. Provides reports on a regular basis as decided upon by the team and when needed.
- Works with Alchemy administrator to update Alchemy computer-based training programs as needed.
- Leads safety processes including: Hazard Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, Training, Contractor Safety Requirements and programs, Management of Change, and Incident Investigation.
- Establishes and monitors safety audit processes, ensuring audits are completed and properly documented.
- Provides routine inspections of safe work management systems to ensure compliance.
- Tracks safety action items to ensure timely completion.
- Manages occupational safety and environmental reporting including BLS and OSHA reporting requirements, when needed.
- Works in conjunction with Human Resources on all work-related injuries/illnesses.
- Meets with and provides information to the Worker’s Compensation carrier Workplace Safety auditor as needed or as directed.
- Provides guidance to plant personnel on occupational safety and health issues.
- Develops and manages site specific industrial hygiene monitoring program.
- Leads site specific safety teams and conducts safety audits monthly at each facility.
- Manages site PSM programming in accordance with OSHA requirements
If you are looking for company who facilitates a culture of learning and strives for continuous improvement, please apply. We look forward to meeting you!
Park 100 Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We participate in E-Verify