Quality Control Technologist - Lenexa, KS 66062
Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
How will you make an impact?
The Quality Control Technologist is responsible for all quality control aspects of finished product testing. In this role you will ensure that performance of finished product is in compliance with testing standards per IFU and SOP's in addition to customer requirements and regulating agencies' guidelines. You will also be responsible for documentation control duties per Quality Assurance compliance requirements.
What will you do?
- Review and maintain product compliance specifications, documentation control.
- Gain proficiency on all testing areas.
- Documentation of testing results and determining disposition.
- Maintain consistency in training in Master Control.
- Establish and maintain SOP criteria for inspection/testing.
- Responsible for maintaining department equipment and requesting consumables as needed.
- Exercise and monitor GMP compliance in work environment.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance department as a quality team.
- Execute Stability Study testing in accordance with QA requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service Representatives to achieve on time product releases for standing orders and special products.
- Work with the continuous improvement program within the department.
- Work closely with a team in a fast paced laboratory setting.
- Understand and exercise all safety requirements and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining standards in accordance with GMP's/SOP's and ISO regulations.
- Participate in achieving department goals.
- Support all company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the biological sciences. Must have course work in microbiology with a laboratory or a Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of microbiology lab experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with virology or cell line preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical devices preferred.
- Possess the ability to manage many tasks and in an organized fashion.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of departments regarding quality testing parameters.
- Possess intermediate computer skills, preferably with experience in Microsoft word to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Experience working in SAP is a plus.
- Listen to, and follow, written and verbal instructions in English.
- Able to adapt and to learn new procedures and to maintain a scientific and objective approach.
- Must be available to work weekend shifts when needed.
- Self-motivated, highly responsible and possess a good teamwork spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to distinguish between colors.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.