Regional Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Specialist - Wayzata, MN 55391
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Regional Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Specialist will support team members in their region with food safety and quality issues. We seek a multifaceted professional to collaborate with customers, regulators, suppliers and other key internal and external partners to resolve issues. In this role, you will step in during incident management practices, assist facilities in the maintenance and execution of the Food Safety Management System, document management, complaint management and trending, and all compliance requirements.
- Develop and lead the implementation of key food safety management system programs such as management of change and critical food safety tasks.
- Contribute to closing of identified gaps at facilities to bring locations into compliance.
Help track monthly business metrics and develop a process to improve understanding of the health of the food safety and quality systems at each facility.
- Define our customer complaint tracking and trending program, ensuring proper complaint follow-up, ensuring high priority complaints are dealt with urgently
- Assist facilities with corrective actions related to product quality. Lead the investigation and follow-up of customer complaints.
- Collaborate with plant managers and other facility leaders within a region to build and foster an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture. Drive focus on corrective a preventative action implementation.
- Define and lead the onboarding process for our location leaders and business regional leaders. Participate on the search and selection of qualified candidates.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
This position will be working from a remote home office from anywhere in the US or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance OR other applicable field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience with food manufacturing environments
- GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) knowledge and experience
- Ability to translate and communicate analytical data and technical knowledge to internal and external stakeholders
- Project management experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% in the US and Canada, sometimes with little notice
- Master's degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance, business or other applicable field
- Minimum of eight or more years of working experience with four or more years in a technical related field
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation
- Enablon software experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job