Safety and Quality Manager - West Chicago, IL 60185
Responsible for Safety Training, Safety Policy and Procedure, Workplace Inspection, Safety Equipment Maintenance, Hazard and Accident Investigations and Regulatory Compliance. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring our product meets the established standards of quality including reliability, sustainability and performance.
- Supervise, train and schedule Quality Auditors for shift coverage along with managing the Quality
Control department and its Lab.
- Draft Quality Assurance policies and procedures, interpret and implement department standards.
- Review and enhance the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection methods and systems.
- Monitor and verify that all required quality audits and/or testing are being conducted and documented by Auditors per regulatory requirements..
- Ensure that “Hold” tickets are accurately completed by the Auditors and monitor disposition of the tickets.
- Review inspector and double cup switch reports daily and ensure that remedial actions were taken to prevent substandard finished goods from entering the warehouse.
- Perform inspections to verify quality of finished goods is being produced.
- Communicate daily with all plant leadership on real time quality performance issues.
- Coordinate and support onsite audits conducted by external providers.
- Enforce Quality Compliance procedures with auditors and plant employees.
- Validate that supervisors are enforcing quality procedures with their employees.
- Responsible for ordering and the inventory of Quality Control supplies and materials.
- Based on requests from contract accounts, verifies that special Quality Control testing, manufacturing or packaging procedures occur.
- Evaluate quality complaints to identify and determine the root cause; coordinates with the Plant Manager, Production Manager and supervisors to resolve, develop and recommend corrective and preventative actions
- Designated Food Safety and HACCP Manager along with being the SQF Practitioner for the Plant.
- Follow all GMP and sanitation guidelines along with maintaining a high level of personal hygiene.
- Ensure each shift has a trained back-up for the assigned Quality Control Auditor to fill-in.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments and trends in quality processes through self-development activities
- Training - Ensuring that workers are properly trained regarding company-specific and OSHA safety requirements and that proper documentation of all training is maintained. Responsibilities may involve conducting safety orientations, lead safety meetings, and formal training sessions on a variety of safety-related topics.
- Policies - Creating, maintaining and communicating safety-related policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that they are followed. Proactively determine the need for new policies and procedures and writing and updating policy and procedure documents, posters and handbooks. Responsible for enforcement of safety policies and procedures in collaboration with other leaders, including making decisions regarding appropriate discipline for infractions.
- Inspections - Proactively involved in ensuring that proper practices are observed in the workplace. Conducting JSA/JSO on a regular basis and providing feedback to employees in real time and to other managers on areas of opportunity and possible solutions to address. Frequently perform safety inspections in locations including plant, warehouse, and offices. Frequently observe working conditions, equipment and employee behaviors to identify safety problems and work with leaders on required changes or corrective action.
- Equipment Maintenance - Responsible for making sure that all safety equipment is properly maintained. Tasks may include periodic facility fire inspections, fire extinguishers serviced, first aid kit maintenance and that company equipment are serviced following an appropriate schedule.
- Hazard Investigations - Will lead occupational accident and occupational illness investigations to identify cause and best way to prevent in the future. May investigate on your own or enlist assistance from other supervisory personnel. Complete investigation reports to include factual statements of what occurred, photographic or other evidence gathered, conclusions and recommendations for corrective or preventive actions.
- Regulatory Compliance - Will ensure compliance with all safety-related regulatory requirements, including OSHA standards and Environmental Protection Agency requirements. Stay aware of requirements specific to our industry and the types of jobs workers are performing. Must ensure that workers have proper safety credentials and personal safety equipment is provided and properly used. Maintains and complies with all recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
The list of job requirements above is not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
WinCup is an EEO/AA and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Industrial Safety, Quality Auditor, Quality Improvement or Six Sigma certifications. Must become SQF Practitioner certified and complete HACCP Certification Course within six months of assignment
Five years in a manufacturing environment
Must have the ability to lead and motivate a team environment.
Must be able to follow directions and be attentive to detail.
Must be flexible and reliable
- Knowledge of quality inspection, auditing and testing work preferred
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Basic computer skills and ability to read write and speak English
- Knowledge of safety regulations and standards as they apply to relevant industry activities.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of company product quality standards.
- Ability to read and write technical/business reports related to industry operations.
WinCup offers our full time team members great benefit choices for you and your family with most benefit eligibility 31 days after hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, short term disability and more.