Food Safety Specialist - Clackamas, OR 97015
Assist the Food Safety Manager in administering all food safety and sanitation activities in assigned division to ensure compliance with established laws, regulations and corporate and division policies and procedures; maintain the standards for safe food and a healthful environment for all customers, associates and vendors.
- Conduct frequent and unscheduled food safety and sanitation audits of assigned stores
- Review audit results with key store personnel and provides assistance to correct deficient conditions.
- Communicate inspection results to the Legal Department and/or division management for follow-up and support.
- Monitor and assist stores to comply with local, state and federal food safety and health standards, including personal hygiene and hand washing, temperature control of potentially hazardous foods, cross contamination control, pest control and chemical use training.
- Regularly communicate with Division staffs on bio-security issues and developments.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements for food safety and store sanitation.
- Monitor regulatory inspections and provide direction to stores for the resolution of noted deficiencies.
- Provide regular updates to the Manager/Director of Food Safety of all regulatory trends and actions that impact the business.
- Review recall bulletins which have a health hazard classification for accuracy and completeness. Ensure distribution of and adequate response to health hazard recalls through the Division Recall process.
- Review store sanitation evaluation reports provided by pest control and sanitation supplies vendor representatives.
- Implement plans to address noted deficiencies to ensure compliance with Company policies and applicable health regulations.
- Assist as requested with investigations of food-related illness claims to determine and implement corrective action.
- Participate in division staff meetings, store director and department meetings, and career advancement program training meetings.
- Prepare food safety and sanitation discussion topics for weekly sales messages and division meetings.
- Introduce and administer individual store, district and division food safety and sanitation incentive programs.
- Monitor Food Safety and Sanitation self-inspection and record keeping requirements including service deli hot case temperature logs, training verification forms, and store food safety and sanitation green binders.
- Assist in preparing food safety and sanitation and pest control summary reports for store, division and corporate personnel.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in public health, environmental health, food science, or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years' experience or education in food handling, sanitation, or public health preferred
- Must obtain all professional licensure required by local law or regulation.
- Familiarity with grocery retail experience preferred
Skills and Experiences:
- Must possess ability to motivate others to achieve desired results.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical skills required for data interpretation and analysis.
- Computer skills in word-processing and spread sheet software preferred.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including oral and written plus the ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Must be able to interface effectively with a wide variety of personnel. Possess ability to communicate concepts, systems, procedures, etc., in a training environment.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Vary depending on geography
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of