Safe Quality Food Program Manager - West Des Moines, IA
Job Title: Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Manager
Department: Compliance and Food Protection Revision Date: 7/2020
Oversees the SQF program for Hy-Vee facilities to ensure certification is obtained and maintained. Works with each facility as the SQF expert to assist in updating, validating, verifying, and maintaining Food Safety Plans and Quality Plans.
Accountable and Reports to: VP/GVP/AVP, Compliance and Food Protection
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for developing ongoing evaluation and improvement related to all aspects of the SQF and prerequisite program to ensure effective implementation and maintenance at each facility.
2. Reviews all SQF related SOPs on an annual basis and coordinates with facility compliance and food protection managers to ensure all SOPs are up to date.
3. Performs regular monitoring activities of SQF programs including verification, validation, internal audits and documentation to ensure completion and compliance.
4. Reviews action plans of required corrective actions for non-conformances ensuring closure of issues, and completion of required documentation.
5. Formulates and prepares appropriate reports, charts and graphs indicating the status of the SQF management system of facilities and corporately.
6. Participates with facility SQF practitioner in internal audits and annual SQF certification audits.
7. Effectively communicates any changes, modifications, or updates to SQF program standards or requirements to corporate and facility SQF Practitioners.
8. Develops instructional training for SQF procedures, policies and requirements and works closely with facility to ensure all employees understand their responsibilities in accordance with SQF standards.
? Must be SQF Practitioner with previous experience developing or managing SQF programs
? Experience in food retail, distribution, processing, or manufacturing environment
? Understanding of federal and state regulations, particularly FDA and/or USDA
? PCQI and/or HACCP certification and experience a plus
? Post-secondary degree desired
? Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near and far range with or without correction, normal depth perceptions.
? Must be physically able to perform light work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 20 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking for extended periods
? Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
? Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote company values.
? Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
? Ability to identify problems, develop, execute solutions, produce accurate information
? Computer skills in using word processing, spreadsheet and email applications
? Strong verbal and written communication skills
The duties of this position are generally performed in food processing facility. There will be exposure to various types of industrial and food handling equipment and processes, temperature extremes from walk-in coolers and freezers, noise, wet and dry environments, and cleaning chemical products. There will be occasional pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard equipment used in an office environment including telephone, copier, FAX, microfilm copier, and PC with typical Office programs. Quality assurance equipment utilized to evaluate facilities (such as thermometers, environmental testing, etc.) may also be utilized. Operation of company automobile (valid driver's license required).
Has frequent contact with purchasing, distribution, food processing, third party auditors, and office personnel.
Has access to select confidential corporate and store information.