Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator - Lancaster, PA 17603
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that the company complies with government and customer regulations and policies, and to assure preparedness for various audits and inspections. Additional responsibilities are to maintain, monitor and distribute company information in the areas of raw material and finished goods documentation, standard operating procedures and food safety policies and practices; and to support the Quality Assurance functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive updates for procedures and methods as pertinent to Master Sanitation and Cleaning Prerequisite programs and preventive Controls, Product Thermal Processing, and allergen management.
- Review of HACCP plan documentation related to food safety as needed.
- Member of HACCP team.
- Accompany inspectors and auditors and complete mock trace exercises upon request and quarterly.
- Assist in investigations of issues with raw materials and finished products
- Complete daily reviews of thermally processed products and manage production records in compliance with FDA regulations for finalization and filing.
- Assist with maintenance and revisions to Allergen Control Program and annual allergen validations.
- Audit Quality Systems as necessary including Quality Policy/Systems desk audits, quarterly glass and brittle plastics audit, identity preservation audits.
- Selection and management of sanitation and cleaning chemicals including validation activities.
- Manage 3rd party calibrations of equipment including but not limited to bench top scales, tank load cells, thermocouples and temperature recorders quarterly, annually, or semi-annually as appropriate.
- Assist with management of 3rd party pest control and monitoring. Provide trend analysis reports and provide guidance to the facility as appropriate.
- Perform quarterly water testing sampling for internal testing and annual 3rd party lab validation testing.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) review for formulations in accordance with HACCP plan requirements for microbiological hazard assessments
- Conduct microbiological process flow review annually for improvements/revisions as appropriate.
- Conduct validation studies for thermally process products for compliance validations and efficiency improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Strong Regulatory Compliance skills and experience.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to create spreadsheets using Excel, PowerPoint and excellent MS Word skills and quickly learn proficiency in the company ERP.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent service skills with experience in interfacing with inter and intradepartmental customers on a daily basis and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Working with chemical and equipment suppliers as needed.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to maintain documentation data and testing information.
- Experienced working within a team yet able to work independently, completing work in a timely basis, and self-motivated.
- Maintain an efficient, clean, and professional work environment.
- Drive for continuous improvement with timely results.
- PA Drivers license with clean driving record to be able to drive own car or company vehicle to designated locations including off site training or equipment drop off for calibration or repair.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Life Sciences, or related.
- Specialized training in the compliance requirements for the food industry preferred. SQF Practitioner and HACCP Certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a Quality Assurance System Management strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills such as word processing and spreadsheets with attention to detail