QA Food Technologist - Vernon, CA 90058
Overhill Farms Inc.
- Evaluate product formulations and product labels from a regulatory perspective to determine compliance with regulatory agencies in target markets (FDA/USDA/CFIA)
- Knowledge to use Genesis software to create product labeling and nutrition information
- Work closely with cross-functional team and customer to obtain preliminary and final approval of product labeling and communicate internally if any changes
- Keep abreast of changes/ proposed changes to labeling regulatory requirements related to products and processes
- Enter product formula into Genesis to generate product labeling information.
- Maintain a list of product for non-branded business units
- Evaluate and analyze new material and create receiving worksheet as needed
- Contact supplier for new ingredient and supplier qualification documents, upload documents into Tracegains to complete the qualification process.
- Create receiving worksheet for raw material
- Analyze and create report for trend analysis as needed
- Assist in document control for food safety and quality program as needed
- Assist in creating product specification to support new commercialization project
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Food Science, Regulatory Affairs or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 2+ years of related experience (US regulatory affairs) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)