Quality & Food Safety Manager - Mountville, PA 17554
Hain Celestial Group
The QC Manager provides a high degree of operational management and leadership for the plant Quality, Food Safety and Sanitation teams, systems and programs. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves on the Plant Senior Leadership Team establishing direction and policy for the entire operation, while acting as a Change Agent, requiring the ability to manage continuous improvement initiatives across all departments and levels.
- Serves as the SQF Practitioner and primary plant contact for all Quality, Food Safety, Kosher, Organic and Regulatory, as well as internal, corporate and third-party audits.
- Ensures the development, implementation and management of the Quality, Food Safety and Sanitation systems, policies and procedures and manages corrective actions for identified gaps.
- Communicates departmental direction and ensures all personnel adhere to performance standards and company expectations.
- Oversees the facility ingredient program, product testing programs and COA management programs
- Manages compliance within the HACCP Program, GMP procedures, FSMA regulations, and internal quality incident escalation procedures and CAPA
- Ensures the development, implementation and management of various prerequisite Food safety programs (i.e Allergen Testing and Control, Environmental Monitoring, Traceability Master Sanitation Pest Control, etc.).
- Lead and Advocate continuous improvement
- Drives the incorporation of SPC techniques, process capabilities and trains others to ensure understanding and proper use of SPC
- Partners with Customer Care and Cross functional team to track complaint data to develop corrective action plan
- Partners with R&D liaison and conducts or coordinates new product test runs. Partner with Engineering team to improve infrastructure and plant food safety requirements.
- Utilizes various data sources to measure product quality, identify root causes, communicates and provides support to implement process/product improvements
- Oversees plant cleaning and sanitation functions. Drive improvements in procedure and labor efficiency.
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, such as, but not limited to:
- Allergen Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other relevant degree
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience
- New Plant Startup/ Extension Experience
- Must have a combined level of education and experience in food processing and or laboratory technique to be able to make informed decisions, recognize problems, and seek satisfactory solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Food GMP's, SOP's, HACCP/Food Safety, Regulatory and Environmental guidelines.
- Experience with Organic certification and compliance.
- Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF Advanced Practitioner is a plus
- Must be able to work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Must be able to multitask and serve the needs of a variety of department functions.
- Must continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Bi-lingual with fluent Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Ability to work with the public and employees in a tactful and friendly manner
- Ability to utilize time management, work under a tight schedule and meet timing deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, react appropriately under constantly changing priorities with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled