Director, Food Safety - Bells, TN 38006
The Pictsweet Company is growing! We are currently seeking a Director for our Food Safety department, reporting to the VP of Technical Services. This role is responsible for directing all aspects of the Food Safety & Regulatory programs for The Pictsweet Company, and is based at our corporate headquarters in Bells, TN.
Job duties will include:
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company meets Food Safety, Quality, and Legality compliance for FDA FSMA.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective environmental monitoring; testing and control programs for Listeria monocytogenes.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective sanitation programs for each processing facility and distribution center.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective Food Security Systems.
- Conduct internal audits of The Pictsweet Company’s manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Validate that equipment modifications or new equipment can effectively be cleaned and sanitized to a microbial level acceptable to The Pictsweet Company.
- Provide sanitary design recommendations for new and existing equipment and modifications and /or installations of existing/new equipment.
- Performs Routine analysis and resolves consumer/customer complaints, as they relate to food safety. Assist in the implementation of the corrective action with the appropriate plant or facility management personnel.
- Conducts training programs in but not limited to the following; Third Party GFSI audit, Sanitation, Microbiology, Pest Control, Allergen Management, HACCP, GMP, SOP’s, and Internal Auditing.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company maintains its systems and programs in a manner to meet third party audit criteria continually.
- Work in concert with department managers to assure timely and accurate reporting of food safety issues to the VP Technical Services.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An in depth, up to date knowledge of FSMA, Third Party GFSI audit and understanding of food processing, microbiology, sanitation, HACCP, GMP, and GFSI Standards in general.
- Technical knowledge of COP and CIP, cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, sanitary design of food processing equipment, & internal auditing of food manufacturing facilities.
- 10 or more years food production, management, & auditing experience.
- A Master's or doctorate degree in Food Science or related field.
- Be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holiday, travel to company facilities, customers, and suppliers, as directed.