Food Safety Manager - Fremont, CA
Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures, and Silicon Valley Bank. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, Los Angeles, New Jersey and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
Supervise and promote all food safety and hygiene activities to ensure compliance with established laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement food safety goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Develop and implement food safety (HACCP, etc.), sanitation, date coding and other procedures required by retail stores to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitor and assist distribution centers to comply with local, state, and federal food safety and sanitation standards, including personal hygiene, hand washing, temperature control, cross-contamination, pest control, recall compliance, and use of sanitary chemicals.
- Identify opportunities for food safety. Prioritize problems and develop solutions to promote sustainable development.
- Supervise the analysis of statistical data (serious violations of health authorities, internal audit results, pest control, sanitation, etc.) to help establish goals.
- Serves as the main point of contact for identifying and resolving food safety issues for senior management, marketing, procurement, procurement, and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Resolve all deficiencies to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain active relationships with government agencies and participate in regulatory meetings at the local and state levels. Assist and provide information to the legal department as needed.
- Identify and implement new training materials to support the warehouse operations team in implementing world-class food safety and hygiene standards.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, environmental sanitation, microbiology, food science/technology or equivalent. Master's degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing Food Safety and Quality in a large scale Distribution Center or manufacturing environment
- At least 3-5 years of food safety experience, knowledge and experience of HACCP, USDA or FDA is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with restaurants, retailers, distribution centers or suppliers to resolve food safety issues.
- Excellent project management, process improvement, organization, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Possess ability to communicate concepts, systems, procedures, etc. in a training environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite of programs.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.