Documentation and Customer Quality Specialist - Indianapolis, IN 46241
Summary / Objective:
This position is responsible for maintaining quality and food safety compliance. It operates in direct support of the operation of each business unit, and the manufacturing facility overall. This entails line validations, operational observations, product review and releases, documentation & paperwork review, hold processing, incident report investigations, complaint management & investigations, internal audits, database management, supplier documentation and review, reports and key data maintenance. A key component of the position is to be able to consistently meet timelines regarding supplier, database and labeling set-up, complaint investigation - including ongoing maintenance of those areas, as well as meeting key deliverables and expectations.
- Audit production lines for GMP compliance, processing checks and compliance, operational effectiveness, verification of data collection, verification of packaging information.
- Monthly Internal audit reviews of manufacturing facility.
- Audit/verify that required calibration tests and minor maintenance of lab equipment are being performed.
- Conduct line audits, including pre-ops, as needed.
- Inform line leadership of any situations regarding product operational or quality trends, food safety issues, key complaints or labeling concerns with documentation and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure adequate set-up of suppliers within TraceGains prior to new product production and ongoing maintenance and review of data to ensure compliance
- Communication with complaint investigations by contacting and following up with person(s)/customer representative(s) that have issued complaints
- Documentation and Database Management
- Enter data from all audits and analyses into appropriate computer files and data bases.
- Work with and back up entering and maintaining accurate data in labeling and bag coding software. This includes offering support to departments in training and use of the labeling software and hardware
- Ensure set-up of IQS software prior to new product production and ongoing maintenance and review of data to ensure compliance
- Maintain accurate and legible records where applicable. This includes:
- Perform label and packaging verifications as required.
- Initiate IR (Incident Report) for any non-compliant situations. Maintain appropriate follow up on IR’s to ensure adequate root cause analysis and closure in a timely manner
- Update complaint reporting [and follow up] in SharePoint.
- Quality Management:
- Collect and process retain or Hold samples in support of sampling, as well as Hold and complaint investigations.
- Initiate HOLDs for any non-compliant product in either food safety or product quality.
- Perform key analytical and organoleptic testing of raw/finished product as required.
- Quality Department Support:
- Provide break relief and PTO coverage for Line Techs in each business unit lab, if needed.
- Support Onboarding process of new employees by presenting and providing oversight to new employee training sessions as scheduled.
- Perform metal detector verification, validation and support investigations of reject samples brought in from the line.
- Provide line support for key customer production runs, ensuring compliance to customer expectaitons during production, ensure complete and accurate customer requirements are met [including external analysis], and ensure that appropriate documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Follow the escalation protocol for any food safety incidents.
- Identify and prepare retention samples for review against customer complaints and concerns
- Project support for QA as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position operates in a professional office environment and within the manufacturing operation.
- Standard work schedule shall be regular business hours [Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm]. Extra hours may be required as dictated by customer, facility and project support.
- The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and other office equipment.
- All required PPE for plant operational safety is expected to be used.
- Position requires ability to communicate and work well with peers, as well as consumer/customer contact.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in food science or related science
- Minimum of two (2) years of QA experience in a food facility or food internship program.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related science.
- HACCP certification
- PCQI certification
- Experience in a 24-hour manufacturing facility in quality or food safety
- Problem solving capability / analysis
- Ability to collaborate to resolve issues
- Ethical conduct / confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook; Infinity QS; TraceGains and Nice Label
- GMP / HACCP awareness for food safety
- Line auditing
- Communication proficiency, both verbally and through electronic media
- Statistical process control
- Data entry
- Time management/self-motivated
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Regularly required lift up to 20 pounds. Periodically required to stand and walk and reach with hand and arms. Uses a computer keyboard and monitor approximately 50% of the time. Position will require spending limited amounts of time in the cold storage sections of the facility pulling samples or performing studies.
CraftMark Bakery offers a competitive, total compensation package, which includes benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), short term and long-term disability, health savings account, paid holidays, and vacation time.
CraftMark Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or any other protected category.
This employer participates in E-Verify.