Food Safety Specialist - Los Angeles, CA 90023
Super King Market
$19 - $21 an hour
The Super King Markets Food Safety Specialist is a key member of the distribution team ensuring continuous compliance with FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). One is responsible for filing and maintaining SK approved Food Safety plan records as well as providing periodic reports to warehouse and distribution management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design and development of SK Food Safety Plan.
- Assist in the design and development of applicable Food Safety record forms.
- Collect, record, file, maintain and evaluate SK Food Safety records.
- Identify and prepare business requirements for any customized reporting to ensure proper information exchange between SK receivers, warehouse management, buyers, SK vendors, logistics companies, etc.
- Develop and generate trend reports to assist SK buyers and warehouse management.
- Communicate with buyers, warehouse management, vendors, and logistic companies about any issues with delivered goods such as quality, out of range temperatures, spoilage, etc.
- Periodically test SK distribution center cooler and freezer temperatures and match them with installed equipment readings. Report any major discrepancies to warehouse management.
- Provide training and assistance to SK distribution team members including but not limited to receivers, material handlers, maintenance and cleaning crew, warehouse managers and their assistants, as well as other related parties.
- Periodically test the cleanliness of SK transportation units and report any issues to warehouse and transportation management.
- Schedule transportation units wash and maintain records of those.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.