Supervisor - Ogden, UT 84404
This position is for
the Swing Shift (generally 3pm-Midnight) with occasional Graveyard shift.
Responsible for supervision of Production and Sanitation. Directly supervise
production and sanitation employees of assigned shift and indirectly
supervise warehouse operations as needed. Coordinate with Production Manager
regarding production levels. Collaborate with management team to ensure
effective plant operations.
1. Provide staff training, evaluates staff performance, and implement and
enforce all policies and procedures as directed by the Production Manager.
2. Coordinate between Repack and Warehouse to meet forklift and operator
requirements (Repack as priority.)
3. Report all accidents and injuries and complete accident and/or incident
reports as required, and ensure drug tests are
4. Ensure Forklift Operators perform daily forklift checklist procedures.
5. Check the Q.A. paperwork for compliance with established procedures.
6. Ensure production accomplishes assigned workload. Spot check Machine
Operators paperwork to ensure they are operating baggers at minimum
7. Annotate any down time on baggers, caused the down time, and corrective
actions. Ensure appropriate work orders are generated as needed.
8. Work with PKMS, coordinate product usage, and resolve problems with
product for the Production and Warehouse Department.
9. Conduct food safety and personnel safety training.
10. Inspect repack, warehouse, maintenance and dry
warehouse areas as well to ensure everything is orderly, clean and organized.
11. Maintain Forklift Certification and operate FL equipment
12. Maintain a thorough understanding of the different positions associated
with Production and oversee necessary training.
13. Resolve employee grievances and submit unsettled grievances to Human
Resources Manager for action.
14. Train, conduct and record necessary training on assigned shift.
15. Conduct performance appraisals with employees.
16. Conduct, maintain and champion all safety and
GMP policies and procedures;
17. Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
18. Follow all Company policies and procedures, which include SOPís, Employee
Handbook, Food Safety and Quality Procedures, Food Quality Policies, GMP
Handbook, HACCP, and Pictsweet Safety Procedures.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent
communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity and proficiency
- including email,
spreadsheets, word processing, data base, warehousing software products,
- Must be able to communicate
effectively, both written and verbally.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a
- Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate,
ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
- Ability to deal with problems
involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Bachelor's Degree (four-year College or University) preferred but not
required OR equivalent experience of 5+ years of supervisory experience
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Consistent exposure to cold and wet environment and occasional office
environment. Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, high precarious
places, and fast paced & multifaceted workload. The noise
level in the work environment is loud.
Seldom lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to
25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Stand or sit for prolonged periods.
Move products or materials by pushing, pulling, lifting and stacking.
Work effectively in cold environment for up to 10 hours.
Regularly climb up and down on regular basis.
Bend, stoop, and crouch on a regular basis.
Consistent repetitive motion involving wrists, hands, fingers, and shoulders.
Visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and quality of assigned work.