†††† The comprehensive food safetyinformation website
Food Safety & Quality Manager - Seattle, WA
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Food Safety and Quality Manager is responsible for the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of Schwartz Brothers Bakery food safety and quality programs. And the compliance with all the federal FDA/(FSMA), state/local (WSDA), GFSI (SQF Code) rules and regulations in addition to product certification agencies (Organic, Non-GMO project) and key customers proprietary food safety and quality policies and standards.
I. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested accommodation. 1. Staff, train and develop Food Safety and Quality Supervisors and Coordinators. Ensure necessary Team Members completes necessary training and certification classes to be compliant with HACCP/HARPC/GSFSI. 2. Design, implement, and maintain the overall bakery food safety and quality policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: GMPís, pre-requisite programs, critical control points plan, preventive controls plan, food defense plans, traceability and recall plan, environmental monitoring plan, equipment calibration plan, and material/suppliers risk analysis
1. Staff, train and develop Food Safety and Quality Supervisors and Coordinators. Ensure necessary Team Members completes necessary training and certification classes to be compliant with HACCP/HARPC/GSFSI.
2. Design, implement, and maintain the overall bakery food safety and quality policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: GMPís, pre-requisite programs, critical control points plan, preventive controls plan, food defense plans, traceability and recall plan, environmental monitoring plan, equipment calibration plan, and material/suppliers risk analysis
3. Documents management: Ensure proper management, distribution, filling, storage, security and update for all bakery food safety and quality related documents to include audits
4. Continuously review the food safety program to identify HACCP/HARPC/GFSI and key customer gaps. Work with food safety team to close the gaps in a timely manner.
5. Tracks effectiveness of all food safety programs and team performance. Develop and analyze KPIís for plants food safety, quality, sanitation and risks to assure continuous improvement.
6. Assure that the food safety team conducts frequent internal plant audits to verify that team members are following plant GMPís, pre-opís, master sanitation schedules, label controls, allergens segregation, critical controls performance, etc. and work with Operations Management to correct any out of compliance SOP or SSOP.
7. Remain actively involved in the development, implementation and maintenance of all plants Pre-opís, SOPís, and SSOPís.
8. Be the main contact for all food safety and quality agencies. Manage all federal and customers web portals for plant registrations, inquiries, audits and corrective actions.
9. Interface with plant controller and assure that all facilities licenses are up to date and renewed in time.
10. Oversee all food safety audits by regulatory, key customers and third party. Manage development, communication and implementation of all required corrective actions.
11. Be a champion of company food safety and quality vision and objective, and assure itís an integral part of the management and team memberís culture. Be able to drive food safety and quality goals and objectives messaging to a workforce from diverse backgrounds.
12. Manage team memberís annual GMP training.
13. Interface with Schwartz Brothers Corporate and assure that we are compliant with all federal and state workers safety rules and regulations. Manage all team members plant safety meeting and all required incident reporting to comply with OSHA.
14. Develop, implement and maintain a closed loop system for all customer quality complaints. Escalate to regional manager when necessary any food safety and quality concerns based on customers complaints or internal audits. Support corporate with necessary incident and investigations documentation for all foreign material complaints.
15. Interface and influence cross-functional teams as the product quality manager in supplierís management and the development of new products. Be a good source of guidance for R&D and purchasing team regarding compliance with FSMA risk based analysis for raw materials, food contact packaging, shelf stable lab analysis and final product quality specification sheet.
16. Work very closely with products information and certification manager to assure all suppliers, manufacturer and materials comply with FSMA. Be part of the supplierís and materials approval team.
17. Support product information and certification manager with all packaging regulatory approval (Assure food safety team play a second eye role for printed packaging approval). Provide guidance for FDA ingredients, nutritionals and allergens declarations and labeling formats when needed.
18. Provide leadership for the monthly Food Safety and Quality meeting and assure attendance and participation of all required members. Assure the effectiveness of all related food safety and quality meetings, with clear meeting minutes, tasks lists, tasks assignments and time of completions.
19. Manage all outside lab work orders for product testing and assure accuracy and confidentiality for all plants environmental monitoring testing program.
20. Stays up-to-date on the latest food quality and safety software technologies, regulations and trends. Keeps the management team updated on the changes in the food safety industry requirements. Provide strategic planning input to senior leadership when needed.
21. Assure that all plants follow FDA bio-terror policy and register as required.
Experience and Skills:
∑ Bachelor degree in food science, microbiology or related fields.
∑ Good working knowledge of all FDA food manufacturing rules and regulation including FSMA/HARPC and food defense.
∑ (FSMA) PCQI Certified is preferred or commitment to be certified within 90 days after starting
∑ Good working knowledge of SQF Code. SQF practitioner certified is preferred.
∑ Knowledge of food technology, food microbiology, and safe food handling procedures.
∑ Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Organic OSP plans and kosher principles.
∑ At least two (2) years of management /supervisory experience in a food safety or quality position.
∑ HACCP trained and certified required (within 3 years)
∑ Internal auditor certification by third party ( NSF/AIB) is a plus, but not required
∑ Must obtain Washington State Food Handlerís Card within 15 days of start.
∑ Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and Outlook
∑ Flexible work schedule Ė ability to work nights and weekends when needed. Ability to work long hours during audits.
∑ Multilinguals is preferred.
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org