Safety and Quality Lead - Cleveland, NC
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety and Quality Lead will be responsible for ensuring internal
collaboration and connectivity for all policies, standards, and trainings.
You will partner with contacts to assist with compliance and customer
specification issues. You will also work closely with the location(s) to
coordinate and plan programs that fall under food safety, quality and also
- Performs inspection of finished or in-process goods, analyzes
data, and identifies trends in defects or errors.
- Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or
other quality failures.
- Responsible for coordination of Food Safety Quality and
Regulatory functions including continuous improvement processes,
compliance to audits, and assisting with customer specifications and
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety training and new procedure
implementation are executed and completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with Related training development and scheduling.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all regulatory compliance,
laboratory, food/feed safety, and quality programs within the location
to ensure compliance with customer, supplier, and government
requirements and expectations.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while
escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelorís degree in agriculture science/engineering or a related
field OR four or more years of related work experience in a
- One or more years of Food Safety, Quality control related
- One or more years in project leading or training or leading teams
- Able and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays when
- Able and willing to work in Cleveland, NC.
- SAP experience.
- Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Experience in leading cross functional teams.
- Able and willing to work independently or with little
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer,
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-NC-Cleveland
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job