& Food Safety Coordinator- Glencoe, MN
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Quality & Food Safety Coordinator- Glencoe, MN
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an exempt level position.
The Quality & Food Safety
Coordinator is responsible for quality, food safety and verification of
conformance to regulatory requirements in support of plant operations. This
position will offer support to production in making quality decisions,
investigating non-conforming product and providing oversight during process
upsets. This position reports to the Divisional Quality Manager.
- Be responsible for the quality and product safety programs to
ensure compliance with ADM, regulatory and customer requirements
- Provide quality trainings to new hires, contractors and refresher
training as needed and maintain training records
- Lead monthly GMP plant inspections per divisional requirements
- Investigate manufacturing errors and complete proper reports
including, yield instigations, CAPA reports.
- Use deviation reports to support the disposition of the product.
- Conduct complaint investigations, including root cause analysis
and corrective actions
- Verify quality and product safety checks are accurately completed
to meet procedural requirements such as; sequencing, bin checks, magnet
- Lead all aspects of monitoring activities such as; carryover
studies, uniformity studies, scale checks, and traceability as necessary
- Ensure equipment validation procedures for high risk products are
- Coordinate Pest Control Program
- Follow up on recommendations and Corrective Actions
- PCQI Coordinator
- Maintain the food safety plan, ensure control points are being
managed per program requirements, risk assessments are accurate and up
- Coordinate routine food safety meetings
- Lead product recalls from the plant level with guidance from
divisional resources when necessary
- Develop and maintain site specific work instructions
- Participate in FDA and scored internal audits
- Ensure product assays are completed and failing assays results
are followed up on
- Oversight of sample retains, product testing, required for
- BS degree in Feed Science or related experience AND/OR 3+ years
in quality experience in feed/food
- Knowledge of FDA and state regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of FSMA preferred
- Highly organized
- Effective use of Microsoft office applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead, mentor,
build consensus and lead change among a team of production/sales/quality
- Strong analytical problem solving/root cause analysis skills
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP,
pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug
screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of
nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing
innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any
taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in
solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global
leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural
origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities
and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for
food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to
the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability and veterans status.