Lead - Winston-Salem, NC 27107
To provide leadership and technical solutions to crew
supervisors, process operations, and field operations. Provide guidance to
operations staff, manage department tasks, and develop and deliver projects
to meet Plant safety, quality, production, cost and customer delivery goals.
Serve on task forces, cross-functional teams, and committees.
As an Operations Lead , your
responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective leadership by actively
utilizing tools such as standard work to drive KPIís, performance of
operations personnel and overall process performance
- Ensure the Operations Team is meeting
plant goals for safety, production and quality standards.
- Support the response to day to day
operational issue by coordinating within and across departments and
providing troubleshooting support.
- Actively participate in maintenance
planning actives and ensure priority is established for needed repairs
in the Wet Mill Area.
- Help drive culture change towards an
empowered team-oriented environment
- Support direct reports in loading and
order coordination areas.
- Promote and administer Safety, Health and
Environmental programs in order to ensure workforce stability, eliminate
losses attributable to personal injury or property damage, and comply
with regulatory guidelines applicable to manufacturing processes and
- Lead operations personnel to deliver on
annual quality objectives including a) ISO9001 & FSSC 22000; b)
First Pass Compliance; c) ensuring HACCP, GMP and all food safety
programs are followed: d) employing Root Cause Analysis techniques for
quality failure and customer complaint resolutions.
- Utilize historical data to analyze and
monitor key efficiencies and parameters against process design to assist
Operations with troubleshooting and deliver on cost and production
- Analyze processes, develop new operating
techniques and deliver solutions from simple procedure changes to
capital expenditures that maintain or improve business efficiencies,
facility life and product quality.
- Solve problems through development of
creative and innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of
- Through use of technical expertise, lean
operating tools, and collaboration identify improvement opportunities,
develop projects and implement them using project management best
- Encourage an environment of empowerment
- Motivate, encourage and support the team
to find and implement solutions
- Employee development through training,
performance management and career development using evaluation process,
review process and other resources available
- Support the development and
self-direction of workforce by providing coaching and training on
operation skills, techniques and process knowledge to provide
organizational strength and individual growth within the organization
The Operations Lead position is well-suited for you if
- Ability to manage a manufacturing
environment, including capability to perform effectively in high stress,
emergency and crisis situations.
- Analytical skills and proficiency with
- Experience with project management using
best practices to implement and sustain solutions
- Ability to communicate across functional
lines and at all levels.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredionís
GMP, Quality and Safety standards.
- Ability to train and coach others to
- Ability to build consensus and foster
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience driving improvement with Lean
/ 6 sigma tools.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelorís degree with preference in
engineering or related field and 1-4 years of experience in
manufacturing environment desired or, 5+ years in corn wet milling
- Knowledge of Corn Wet Milling
Manufacturing operations, processes and customer base.
- Knowledge of refinery operations strongly
- Decision making ability, planning,
time-management and project management skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Yes, Within Country