†††† The comprehensive food safetyinformation website
Safety Specialist - Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Job ID #: 6507
Location: PA-Wilkes Barre RDC
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for a Safety Specialist at our brand new, state of the art facility in Wilkes-Barre, PA. In this role, you will support the RDC Management in their efforts to manage all Safety related items, such as protocols, practices, SOPís, Food , and governmental programs (i.e. OSHA, DOT, etc.) at their operations.
The Safety Specialist will assist in projects, training, tracking data, auditing, evaluating injury trends, reporting, working on solutions, and providing guidance to the RDC. This position may include occasional travel as needed. The Safety Specialist will apply experience and/or knowledge regarding safety, governmental and compliance (i.e. OSHA) and other regulations, best practices, to mitigate or reduce potential risks.
1. Support the application of safety procedures and safety culture and makes recommendations for the leaders and facility.
2. Drive and assist True Value efforts at the local operations by improving the safety culture into one that integrates Safety compliance and excellence with daily operations; reduces frequency and severity of injuries, reduces costs, improves quality and compliance of food product holding, and assists management in developing a more productive, effective, and safe workforce.
3. Supports local Management to implement Regulatory/compliance programs to include: Assessment of safety best practices, training, compliance and injury reduction programs. Track, report, benchmark and identify safety trend data to assist local management in reducing incidents and losses. Provide appropriate feedback to all levels.
4. Support, interact and collaborate with management and local
SWIT team to ensure team has the support needed to drive continuous
6. In collaboration with local management, investigate, reports and finds the root cause of work-related injuries and communicates findings and preventative recommendations to associates.
7. Review, update, support and implement various actions for related policies and programs for all associates.
Education & Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com