The comprehensive food safetyinformation website
Control Technician - Alexandria, VA 22304
Report directly to the Food Safety and Quality Manager. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for the quality & food safety of the product. The QC technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to USDA/FSIS requirements for HACCP, SSOP good manufacturing practices (GMP), Food Safety, Safe Quality Food (SQF) Standards and Product Quality Standards.
· Responsible for monitoring, and programing Critical Control Points (CCP).
· Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
· Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
· Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
· Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
· Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
· Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards.
· Responsible to issue disciplinary action when directed.
· Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
· Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
· The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
In performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; dust, airborne particles, loud noises and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud; ear protection is required.
Physical Demands of the Production Supervisor:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for the duration of the production shift. The employee is infrequently required to sit; climb, balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must infrequently lift up to 50 pounds.
A qualified candidate must:
· Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Prior experience in food environment a plus.
· Bilingual - English/Spanish beneficial.
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Must have a positive attitude.
· Must have good written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and deadline-oriented environment.
· Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week, 10 hours per day) potential for overtime.
If interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org