Sensory and Food Safety Technologist- Albany,
Full Job Description
The Principal Technologist Sensory & Food Safety is
responsible for the implementation of sensory conformance program
requirements and technical leadership for the implementation of Food Safety
elements of the Quality Management Process (QMP). This position is
responsible to perform evaluations of all finished product and ingredient
sensory along with problem solving sensory conformance issues. Additionally,
coordinates the daily sensory panels and provides training to Associates that
support the on-line sensory program. Drives continuous improvement of the
Quality & Food Safety Management System.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelorís degree in Food Science, Food
Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related
- 1+ years demonstrated success in relevant
- 2+ years of experience in different
quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, or
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing
site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible
position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management
- Previous food related experience
- Collect, analyze and interpret sensory
data of all raw materials, in-process and finished products to make
quality evaluations and recommend action plans. Identify and resolve
sensory related issues.
- Manage site-based Conformance and Online
Sensory Programs Ė recruit, train and calibrate associates. Implement
and execute Conformance Programís Best Practices and Minimum
- Responsible for escalations of
non-conforming raw materials, in-process and finished products,
recommend approval or rejection of ingredients and finished products and
follow-up on questionable results in a timely manner.
- Improve processes and systems through
innovation, effective change control, research, and auditing.
- Active participation with the Sensory
Quality Community of Practice (COP) to contribute to ways of working to
build synergies across all MW manufacturing sites as well as continuous
- Conduct Internal audits and support site
- Responsible for the appearance and
sanitation of the lab work areas.
- Development and roll out of food safety
training to the site and support functions (HACCP, Basic Food Safety)
- Support the development and
implementation of the HACCP and Food Safety Plan within the site,
provide input to the Value stream Food safety risk assessment.
- Support the root cause analysis
investigation of food safety incidents and effective implementation of
corrective/ preventive actions
- Accountable for the Foss NIR data
trending analysis, NIR documentation relevant to the value stream and
first point of contact for troubleshooting instrumentation where
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and
take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of
every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross
functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to