Quality Assurance - Moss Landing, CA
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot
of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth
and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a
workplace where teamwork is important, courage is rewarded, speed is
encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single
Directs quality assurance laboratory personnel while maintaining a close
rapport with production and the Quality team to identify, seek and prevent
problems affecting quality. A key position within the team providing
expertise and support to the operations department and factory management
staff, encouraging a cross departmental quality and compliance mind-set.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with production team and
monitor all processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and continuous
- Use Defect Root Cause Analysis for the
investigation of consumer and customer complaints and quality related
- Develop corrective actions and monitors
- Troubleshoot using product tests and
product specification measurements.
- Ensures an active internal quality audit
program in compliance with FSSC 22000 and the Nestlé Quality Management
- Maintain and update HACCP, NQMS and SOP's
and train associates at all levels on quality programs.
- Is a valued partner with internal and
external customers, suppliers, colleagues, and support services to
ensure achievement of targets.
- Leads quality assurance production floor
support team by scheduling and assigning work, providing training and
- Own the activities for FSSC 22000
compliance while driving continuous improvement for quality metrics and
KPIs in the factory.
- Actively participate in the change
control process. Maintain and updates Rework and Allergen matrices for
- Maintain Quality Pyramid and summarize
the information and reports for operational reviews
- Communicate Quality and Food Safety
briefs to the factory and prepare statistical based reports.
- Acts as a communication liaison between
management and quality staff to support corporate and factory
- Supports factory traceability exercises.
- Runs factory laboratories for chemistry,
incoming goods, microbiology and / or sensory by scheduling and
assigning work, providing training and balancing budgets.
- Ensures daily routine sample analyses
using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory
Practices and Internal Control Plans (ICP).
- Coordinates lab operational activities –
daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record
entry, reporting, document control, etc.
- Ensures lab compliance for FSSC 22000 and
NQMS while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics and KPIs
in the lab.
- Ensures the completion of internal lab
audits in compliance with the NQAC program.
- Ensures that a high quality of products,
services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and
improved in designated and specifically Lab areas.
- Is the key factory contact person with
other corporate and factory quality teams.
Safety & environmental
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory
and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
- Is a key part of the culture change
towards behavioral safety improvement.
Requirements and minimum education level:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science,
Microbiology, Chemistry, Hygenics or other related field preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing and/or laboratory
experience required, food industry preferred.
- One – three years of supervisory
experience in QA/QC preferred.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity
and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for
employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.