Assurance Compliance Specialist (COI) - Industry, CA 91748
Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is
a key driver for our plant teams.
have an opening for a Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist based
in City of Industry, CA! This high visibility position is
responsible for managing and coordinating the quality compliance activities
at each manufacturing facility. This includes the activities associated with
FSSC22000, the Food Safety Modernization Act, Non-GMO, Organic and Kosher
programs at the facility. This position will assist the Quality Systems
Compliance Supervisor with all ESL and/ or Aseptic compliance related
activities and audit ready function for the facility. The success of this
position in meeting objectives is measured by internal, regulatory and
external audits measuring compliance to standards.
- Follows established safety practices and
performs all tasks in a safe manner while promoting a safe work
- Recommends changes in established
processes to increase food safety and quality.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any
necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from
- This position will coordinate all
systems, programs related to the internal and external audits:
- FSSC22000 certification and/ or any
other GFSI audit:
- Food Safety Modernization Act record
- Non- GMO Program.
- Organic Program.
- Kosher Program.
- Other internal and external audits.
- Maintain facility good standing.
- Function as the document control and
record management administrator for the facility.
- Update and manage all controlled plant
and corporate documentation.
- Manage manual or internet-based document
system and serve as the administrator for the program.
- Manage Food Safety and Quality training
program and ensure required training is completed.
- Lead the audit function for the standard.
- Provide backup to the Quality Systems
- Lead the annual Management Review of the
system at the facility.
- Coordinate corrective action program for
audits at the facility.
- Maintain and review all food safety
related recording forms.
- Audit the system for compliance and
manage audit corrective actions.
- Manage the training program for
- Follow up on activities and closure of
corrective action programs.
- Assist the Quality Systems Compliance
Supervisor for facility audits and inspections.
- Maintain all processing and regulatory
- Processor charts and operator logs.
- Sterile tank charts and operator logs.
- Filler charts and operator logs.
- Charts: CIP, raw receiving, raw tanks,
sugar tanks, and other charts record.
- Review and validate records for
completion and escalate for corrective action.
- Provide support to QA department for
- Stay current with key regulatory and
certifying agency guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for key activities related to
product or packaging transitions.
- Responsible for PrP
and FSI verification activities.
- Lead and close out the customer/ consumer
- Fill in for Quality Systems Compliance
Supervisor when absent (i.e. vacation, travel).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Degree: BS/BA food science or technical
field or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years combined experience with food
or ingredients and manufacturing experience.
- GFSI audit certification training.
- PCQI Certification.
- HACCP food safety and Quality Management
- Internal Auditor Training.
Skills and Abilities:
- State and Federal regulatory.
- PMO Knowledge.
- Knowledge of kosher and organic processes
and regulations for food manufacturing.
- Understanding of SQF standards.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Self-driven, results oriented, able to
- Ability to work with confidential
- Excellent communication / presentation
Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and
beverage brands in the world like Activia,
Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and
Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the
world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for
people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S.
and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet.
One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America
doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are
based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train
and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic
characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of
openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage
one another with dignity and respect.