Manager - Flowery Branch, GA
King's Hawaiian Bakery West,
Indeed's salary guide
Not provided by employer
$42.4K to $53.8K per year is Indeed's
estimated salary for environmental health and safety officer in Flowery
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana
(family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting
our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for
our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they
freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation
as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting
the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If
you’re excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
The EHS&S Manager establishes and maintains a safe work
environment by developing and enforcing policies, overseeing regulatory compliance,
providing employee training, and serving as the full-time environmental
health safety and security support to the King’s Hawaiian Oakwood operations.
This role also ensures that EHS&S operations are efficient, effective,
and structured to achieve desired results.
Strategic - Planning, and Architecture – 10%
- Implement EHS&S plans, programs, and
- Promotes and supports a strong safety
culture within the Oakwood facility
- Evaluates and participate in the planning
process for continuous improvements to EHS&S programs.
Kings Functional Organizational & Facilitation– 20%
- Shares findings from gap analyses and
solicits feedback on standard operating procedure development from appropriate
- Brainstorms EHS&S improvement ideas
with managers and supervisors including safety committee members.
- Works in conjunction with plant
leadership to develop safety guidelines for processing equipment.
- Communicates with plant leadership
regarding safety programs, policies, procedures, and general operational
- Discusses, assesses, and strategizes
safety employee issues with the HR Manager.
- Promotes safety consciousness among
employees by providing accurate and informative data, conducting monthly
safety committee meetings, and giving timely feedback and safety
Environmental Health & Safety Management – 50%
- Conducts EHS&S audits to ensure
compliance with corporate and governmental requirements
- Manages site air permit, water,
stormwater, and waste programs including required inspections,
monitoring, and reporting requirements
- Oversees, advises, and actively
participates in all EH&S programs
- Reviews existing EH&S-related
policies and procedures, as well as general operating procedures for
safety concerns, and makes recommendations for improvement as needed
based on current standard methodologies.
- Oversees health and safety incident
reporting procedures to identify the root causes and ensure the proper
corrective recommendations have been generated to reduce or eliminate
- Oversees monthly safety inspection
- Leads site safety committee
- Evaluates EH&S standard methodologies
and keep current with industry trends and developments.
Training – 20%
- Oversees the development, coordination,
and implementation of comprehensive employee training programs for all
EHS&S required topics.
- Oversees the coordination and
implementation of OSHA-required annual training.
- Delivers other select groups, individuals,s and “train
the trainer” training.
Functional and Technical Skills
- 3+ years experience
in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated results in EHS&S Role
- Knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR and EPA 40 CFR
- Holds a safety certification from BCSP
(STS, OHST, ASP, CSP)
- Ability to think strategically and
understand the “big picture”
- Proven leadership abilities
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent communication and listening
- Pleasant demeanor
- Able to work weekends, nights, and
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features
of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at
any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be
asked to perform other duties as required.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.