The comprehensive food safety information website
Compliance & Food Safety Specialist - Moore, OK 73160
Indeed's salary guide
· Not provided by employer
· $53.2K - $67.4K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Moore, OK.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
Compliance and Food Safety Specialist
Under minimal supervision the employee performs a full range of assignments within the Quality Department in correlation with Quality Assurance Management. Will also interact with Operations Management and Third-Party Auditors and Consulting/Technical Support to perform Food Safety/Quality and SQF related guidelines responsibilities.
General Overall Duties (1-9 listed below)
Some of the duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employee holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
1. follow up promptly and thoroughly on all product complaint incidents related to Food quality
2. Bring food safety and quality issues to the attention of management immediately
3. Follows and enforces SQF requirements (Facilities, Equipment, HACCP, SSOP, SOP, GMP’s, and ETC)
4. Updates, Assess and enforces USDA & FDA guidelines and regulations.
6. Works together with Quality Assurance Manager to complete tasks in a neat and timely manner.
7. Performance of other duties which are deemed by management, including but not limited to fulfilment of work schedules, good attendance, customer/supplier visits, and other applicable, work rules policies and procedures
Position Area Duties (1-16 listed below)
1) Lead the development and implementation of food safety fundamentals
2) Development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals
3) Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System
4) Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
5) Must understand the SQF Code and the requirements to implement and maintain SQF System relevant to Del Real Foods scope of certification.
6) Schedule, coordinate and execute continuous SQF related training to personnel and keep training records readily available.
7) Support Production in the implementation of the SQF rules by the employees
8) Work with the philosophy of continuous improvement
9) Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate activities related to all company’s programs
10) Ensure that SQF rules are being respected rigorously
11) Coordinate and take the lead in the company’s internal audits
12) Communicate via daily reports to management regarding daily events, non-conforming products, administration of product holds, production non-conformances, follow ups etc.
13) Coach, support and motivate all QC/QA Technicians.
1) Knowledge and/or certified on HACCP and SQF required.
2) Experience working in USDA environments.
2) Must be comfortable with using various computer software, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communication tools.
3) Ability to analyze and make decisions.
4) Energetic, Committed, Flexible and ability to work in a team environment.
5) Good verbal and written communication skills.
6) Strong knowledge of company employee policies.
1. BS degree or strong experience in Food related area.
2. 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in food-manufacturing environment.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com