- Sanitation and Safety - Houston, TX 77030
Pulled from the full job
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Located at 6620 Bertner Ave Houston, TX
The Supervisor - Food may work in any type of food location on client
premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management
on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service
employees engaged in food operations or services at either larger complex
facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools,
universities or other establishments. This individual will provide support to
management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the
normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of
the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on
business necessities and client requirements.
- Understands and follows all policies and
- Assists in ensuring a safe working
environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee
productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or
- Responsible for the oversight of
day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for
specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site
- Responsible for orientation and training
- Performs day-to-day assignments in
addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure
satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote in the development of the food
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a
- Complies with all company safety and risk
management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings,
safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and
virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled
shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be able to coordinate the routine
responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional
manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers
and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship
with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers,
customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and
respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or
without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of
- Ability to work in a standing position
for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push
and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally
lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities
- Varying schedule to include evenings,
holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment;
however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside
- The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every
employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy
lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees
can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their
first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off,
financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to