Food Safety Manager - WA-Seattle
Food Safety Manager
times are in Pacific Daylight Time.
Fulfillment Svcs, Inc
External job description
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on
earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven
people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything
online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazonís mission of offering the
widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from
potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized
self-starter to join our Food Safety department, focusing on our private
label foods. The position will be located in Seattle. This is an exciting
opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
- Participate in food
manufacturing partner (supplier) selection.
- Perform approval and ongoing
Amazon food safety and quality audits.
- Work directly with suppliers to
develop technical product specifications and approve labeling.
- Work with international food
safety managers to ensure importing countriesí regulatory requirements
are incorporated into technical specifications and labeling.
- Coordinate and review
laboratory test reports to ensure prototype and finished products meet
Amazon safety and quality requirements.
- Attend prototype runs, first
commercial runs and visit suppliers when necessary.
- Manage benchmarking studies
against equivalent products.
- Create and manage follow ups to
supplier performance reviews.
- Monitor customer feedback and
take action where needed to address issues.
- Continuously identify and
communicate improvement opportunities;
- Leverage technology to manage
- Create and monitor business
metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness;
- Bachelorís Degree in food
science related field;
- 5+ years of experience managing
Food Safety and Quality in a retail or manufacturing environment;
- Program Management experience;
- Demonstrated experience
creating sustainable processes;
- Knowledge of government
regulations (FDA, USDA, FSMA);
- Strong verbal and written
- Exceptional organizational
- Ability to work independently
- Experience leveraging technology
to drive process improvements;
- Demonstrated collaborative
skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to
core values and dynamic corporate culture;
- Self-motivated with critical
attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
- Ability to travel extensively
domestically and internationally.
- Experience in dealing shelf
stable food products
- Experience in dealing with food
- Experience with food nutrition
and labeling requirements
- Experience importing foods
- GFSI auditing experience with
an in-depth knowledge of HACCP principles
- Laboratory testing experience