The comprehensive food
safety information website
QA Manager - Waipahu, Hawaii
The Quality Assurance Manager has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by establishing and implementing food safety and quality strategy and meeting all regulatory, customer, and ARYZTA requirements.
The QA Manager is a leader within the bakery responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring food safety and quality assurance programs and ensuring operations is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA Manager reports directly to the Corporate Food Safety & Quality Assurance Department with dotted line reporting to the bakery leader to assure effective implementation of food safety and quality programs. The QA Manager provides leadership directly to their team (exempt and/or non-exempt) and indirectly to other bakery personnel.
· Responsible for understanding all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local) and assuring the bakery meets all regulations
· Responsible for understanding and complying with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF)
· Responsible for implementation, documentation, control, and maintenance of a detailed Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and reassessment
· Works to maintain and improve on the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture.
· Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements and effectively communicating with customers as requested
· Responsible for investigating customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site using root cause analysis, determining corrective actions and preventive measures, responding to complaints in the required timeframe, and analyzing complaint trends
· Responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Assurance team including training and development of QA staff and clear identification of objectives to meet the bakery needs
· Quality Assurance Manager clearly communicates food safety and quality objectives with production, maintenance, sanitation departments, and external contractors
· Responsible for reporting the food safety and quality issues, corrective actions, and preventive measures to the plant management team and Corporate Food Safety & Quality Assurance
· Responsible for ensuring training is effective for operations, sanitation, and maintenance staff in basic food hygiene, GMPs, HACCP, allergen control, and other food safety and quality requirements
· Responsible for monitoring and adherence to Quality Assurance budget
· Measures plant process capabilities, sampling plans, and statistical analysis to assure compliance
· Authorized to hold and release product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
· Ensures a daily food evaluation is conducted to identify possible defects and provide direction for improvement
· Ensures physical bakery inspections are conducted on a weekly basis and reports are generated on each area (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
· Contract review, approval, and performance monitoring of external suppliers/services relating to QA
· Technical representative for ARYZTA at customer and third-party bakery audits
· Responsible for assuring materials are received from ARYZTA approved suppliers and conducts raw material supplier performance monitoring
· Responsible for the effective implementation of ARYZTA Recall and Traceability Program including accurate, timely mock traceability exercises
· Responsible for providing technical advice and direction with respect to ARYZTA food safety and quality policies and keeping bakery team informed of applicable scientific, industry, and regulatory changes.
· Other duties may be assigned and QA Manager is expected to effectively manage and execute changes
· Excellent leadership, communications and team building skills
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or Food Science preferred or sufficient experience in the food industry to cover the technical skills needed.
· Certified in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
· Certified in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard such as BRC or SQF
· Understanding of microbiology aseptic sampling, methods, and interpretation
· 5-7 years food industry manufacturing or quality experience including leadership experience
· Good writing, statistics (SPC and charting), analytical, and critical thinking skills
· Proficient in computers including spreadsheets, statistical programs, and SAP applications
· Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
· Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
2. The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
Work schedule 40 hrs., M-F, 8a - 5p, Occasional Weekends
Waipahu, Hawaii, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org