Title: Product Development Scientist
Our client develops and
manufactures high quality, innovative fruit preparations for the
international milk, bakery and confectionery industries. Their success is
based on expertise and innovation. They have a new opportunity for a
Product Development Scientist at their location in the Northeast.
- Training period will include up to 6 months of intense fruit and flavor
training in this and another location.
- Development of fruit, sweet, and savory preparations for the dairy industry
that meet customer needs for the finished retail product.
- Ensure all ingredients and product specifications are within the
customer needs/expectations during product development.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure timely delivery of samples.
- Bench-top work and communication of project information to the other
- Manage project scale-up and final hand over to plants of a validated
and robust process.
- Maintain proper documentation of all communication with customers.
- Follow lab guidelines for proper documentation.
- Provide formula optimization during the development and commissioning
- Ensure final products' attributes as specified (yogurt, dairy,
beverage, bakery, etc.) including flavor, texture and color meet the
- Willingness to complete multiple regional customer assignments.
- Bachelors of Science in Food Science, or equivalent.
- Excellent Food Science skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-functional teams and with
- Critical thinking and working with short timelines is a must.
- 2+ years' industry experience
Ė fruit, dairy experience preferred.
- Business-to-Business background preferred.
Generate creative solutions, new products and assess ingredients
(current/new) in order to meet the customerís needs.
Information: A successful scientist will be open minded, pragmatic and
have a positive attitude, both internally and externally (with
ANALYSIS OF JOB
60% Product development, including bench-top work
20% Work with customer project management
5% Product Scale-up
5% Travel (must be able to travel internationally)
10% Other responsibilities
Salary range dependent upon experience.
All applicants for this
position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the
future without requiring sponsorship.For
additional information, please contact Susan Canarick,
Job Type: Full-time
- Food science experience: 2