Food Safety and Quality Director - Nolan Ryan Beef
Food Safety and Quality Director
Nolan Ryan Beef Company
Conroe, TX 77304
The person in this position is responsible for all aspects of assuring that food products, purchased from vendors for sale by the Nolan Ryan Beef Company, meet purchase specifications for food safety and quality. This person will have routine contact with the company’s suppliers and customers.
· Perform second-party audits of facilities of all NRBC food-company suppliers to assure they are in compliance with regulatory (USDA; FDA), Global Food Safety Initiative (BRC; SQF), and company (Nolan Ryan Beef) requirements for food safety and quality.
· Maintain comprehensive expertise in food safety, specifically directed to the control or mitigation of risks associated with E. coli O157:H7, non-O157 STECs, Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp. and Listeria monocytogenes.
· Interpret microbiological data and present findings with appropriate documentation, references and supporting material to company (Nolan Ryan Beef), vendor and customer personnel.
· Assist company (NRBC) colleagues in maintaining quality assurance standards and in the development of new products.
· Assist with the development of proficient and manageable programs for new business resulting in company growth and profitability.
· Responsible for developing new products for the company (Nolan Ryan Beef) as well as assuring the expected quality of all privately labeled items.
· Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food and associated industries regulations, issues and trends.
· Demonstrate excellent customer-service skills and the ability to understand and resolve scientific issues, answer questions and gain customer confidence.
· Present complex scientific and/or technical information in a clear, concise format understood by a variety of audiences.
· Compile data in various analytical formats.
· Interpret data and present findings with appropriate documentation, references, and supporting material to vendors and customers.
· Minimum of three years of industrial food safety and quality assurance experience.
· Meat-plant experience in HACCP as a system, plus one of the GFSI benchmarked schemes (BRC or SQF preferred).
· BS or higher degree in Food Microbiology, Meat Science, Animal Science, Food Technology, or Food Science.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Requires the ability to effectively communicate verbally and prepare written reports. Ability to write purchase-specification documents and summary reports of second-party audits of suppliers and customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as HACCP plans, prerequisite programs (GMPs, SOPs) and objective evidence of compliance with GFSI requirements. Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite, and making effective presentations to diverse groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products software.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk and hear.
· Lift up to 25 pounds. Lift and reach repeatedly.
· Color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Nolan Ryan Beef Company complies with its reasonable accommodation obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law.
· Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens.
· Noise level varies from quiet to loud.
· Temperature varies from hot to cold.
· Interactive and fast-paced team-orientated tasks.
· Sometimes required to wear appropriate protective clothing.
· Sometimes required to use appropriate protective equipment.
Commensurate with background and experience.
If interested, please send a letter and résumé to:
Gary C. Smith
Food Safety Committee, Nolan Ryan Beef Company
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com