Food Technologist - Stuarts Draft, VA
Stuarts Draft, VA
Pay Rate Type:
Monday - Friday: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. (other hours as needed)
Posting End Date:
Reporting to the superintendent of the Technical Services Department, in a manufacturing environment this position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the food science function of the department. The areas of responsibility include quality and food safety of ingredients and packaging, troubleshooting formulations, and implementation of new products, line extensions and product improvements. This position includes supervision of employees assigned to technical services.
· Bachelor degree in food science, food engineering, or related science.
· Minimum of three years experience in a related position with quality, food safety, or technical baking responsibilities.
· Knowledge of baking processes, ingredients, and packaging.
· Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software.
· Demonstrated ability in problem solving requiring high level of critical thinking skills.
· Project management experience with multiple projects and tasks.
· Self-motivated with strong initiative and proven leadership ability.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and all levels of management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to details.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Willing to be in an on call rotation.
· Flexibility to travel when needed and work a flexible schedule.
· Supervisory experience or completion of supervisor or management courses.
· More than three years experience in a related position with quality, food safety, or technical baking responsibilities.
· Advanced knowledge of baking processes, ingredients, and packaging.
· General understanding of statistics.
· Provide technical support for manufacturing, engineers, and material specialists to resolve process problems or assist with improvements.
· Provide technical baking training to operators, mixers, and supervisors and process troubleshooting advice.
· Assist with line tests for new products, line extensions and improvements as assigned.
· Troubleshoot food safety and quality concerns for products, ingredients and packaging materials.
· Update and maintains formulas for all areas of the plant.
· Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and conflict resolution.
· Analyze consumer complaint data. Identify emerging trends and opportunities for complaint reduction. Lead others in corrective action to reduce complaint rates.
· Implementation of MDI principles and philosophy both within and across the organization including; LEAN, Kaizen, SMED, TPM, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Competitive pay scale.
· 401(k) with matching contributions.
· Health insurance, including prescription drug plan.
· Dental insurance.
· Vision care plan.
· Life insurance.
· Paid time off (for vacation, holidays, sick time, personal time, etc.).
· Direct deposit payroll.
· Credit Union.
· Shift differential pay.
· Exercise and recreation facility.
· Profit-sharing program.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com