The comprehensive food
safety information website
· Quality Assurance Specialist – Richmond, UT
USA - UT - Richmond
· ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Maintains the plant documentation systems, which includes but not limited to the control of quality systems documents and programs (policies, procedures, work instructions, food safety & quality recordkeeping) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas). Coordinates the plant internal audit/inspection and action programs. Lead commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through initial production, involved with scaling of ingredients. Champions plant food defense team and oversees ingredient, packaging and finished product traceability and mock recall programs. Coordinates product showings, physical, chemical, & analytical testing of ingredients, process and finished products, includes shelf-life verification. Reviews Food Safety & Quality data and provides input as required. Investigates plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer complaints, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts. Coordinates HACCP and food quality risk assessments, audits and scheduled reviews. Review of on-line quality tools, data and applications for plant data collection systems. Provides quality training and awareness to plant employees.
· Maintains documentation critical to quality systems, compliance SQF, HACCP, AIB and formulations.
· Coordinates internal and external audit/inspection and action programs.
· Lead commercialization process for new products.
· Oversee traceability/mock recall program and food defense team.
· Champion food safety continuous improvement efforts (complaint reduction, program reassessments, data collection system, training).
· Maintains Master Data in SAP for Plant, in conjunction with Finance, and Inventory Control.
· Performs physical, analytical, chemical and microbiological testing of ingredients, process and Analyzes data.
· Maintains Pepperidge Farm QA documentation including creating new documents, revising existing documents, determining training needs, overseeing the approval and distribution processes, maintaining document control database and coordinating document reviews. Manage review, storage and archiving of quality records. Fulfill requests for data and reports (ex. Corporate, environmental).
· Controls product formulas by creating/revising plant floor formulas, ensuring alignment with approved Optiva formulas. SAP Power User responsible for creating, activating and maintaining BOMs, calculating yield per batch information, ingredient shelf life monitoring, and creating batch Schedule and coordinate audits to ensure formula system integrity.
· Lead plant internal quality audit and monthly AIB inspection programs. Create and coordinate schedule, coordinate training new hire and annual training, develop checklists, generate reports and follow-through with corrective action assignees to ensure CARs are completed, effectiveness is verified and audits are closed. Participate in programs as an Provide insights through external audits/inspections of other facilities.
· Oversee quality aspects of special batches and new product launches by complying with PF commercialization process. Includes conducting food safety/quality risk assessments, participation in planning/execution and securing/shipping required samples and data.
· Responsible for plant traceability systems and mock recall exercises for ingredients, packaging and finished product. Executes plant-scheduled and Corporate-initiated trace exercises, including requests for mock recalls at the third-party DC level. Leads plant food defense team by conducting team meetings, audits and assessments.
· Responsible for plant analytical, physical, chemical, and microbiological testing program by performing sampling and testing, reporting results, analyzing for trends and coordinating corrective action. Responsible for validation of sampling and test methods. Includes finished product, ingredient, process, shelf-life and environmental testing and programs. Scale & check various ingredients and HACCP CCPs.
· Investigates in-plant quality incidents (foreign material, nonconforming product) and consumer complaints, identifying root causes and facilitating corrective action with plant teams. Uses Envision software to access consumer complaint data and generate reports to communicate trends and facilitate action plans.
· Function as HACCP/CTS team member responsible for conducting risk assessments, audits and organizing program reassessments for continuous improvement.
· Identify opportunities and design plans for expanded use of the plant electronic data collection system, anticipating future applications.
· Minimum education: BS Degree will be given preference in a science related field.
· 0-3 years relevant experience in a CPG Company
· Experience in the food industry plant environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes
· Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex. Regulatory, HACCP, GMPs, AIB, food microbiology)
· Practical knowledge and application of quality systems
· Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking
· Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, able to master other software
· Knowledge of SAP preferred
· Proficient knowledge of SPC
· Able to communicate at any organizational level
· Effective presentation skills
· Promotes engagement & diversity
· Willing to relocate for future opportunities
· Complete necessary training
· Ability to work off shifts as required
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com