Food Scientist - Toddler Foods R&D - Gordonsville, VA
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), as well as receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
The NPD Engineer establishes effective working relationships with new and existing Third Party Suppliers, working autonomously and across time-zones to support multi-site and multi-disciplinary strategic development initiatives. Applies Quality by Designbest practices in technology delivery (Project Execution, Early Product Management, Process Specifications, and Process Performance Qualifications) and contributes heavily in Due Diligence stages providing knowledge of formula to set requirements for process and equipment to supplier selection and to the bidding process.
position is responsible for formulation-process development activities for
Domestic and International Third Party Manufacturers for Foods and
Liquids. Provides technical leadership to multi-disciplinary project
teams for strategic New Products, including Ideation and Business Development
Initiatives, in order to develop several products in parallel. Handles
technology reviews of existing and proposed products. Works closely with
Sourcing and NPD Project Manager.
· Minimum B.S. in Food Science, Engineering/ Life Science, such as and not limited to Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or any other Engineering related discipline. Bachelor’s degree required; Consideration may be given to those who hold 10+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
· Technical expertise in food formulation, food processing and packaging: dairy; thermal processing (HTST, UHT, Hot Fill, Aseptic, Retort); extrusion; baking; lyophilization; packaging technologies
· Understands the principles of lean sigma.Experience in scoping and leading technology development programs with 3rd party technology providers or manufacturers.
· Effectively utilizes networking relationships internally and externally to acquire and apply technical knowledge and expertise.
· Demonstrates successful application of process scaling from bench to pilot plant, to manufacturing environment.
· Understands the role that ingredients and processing/packaging play in process design and consumer benefit.
· Recognizes the fundamental role of equipment and process control plays in designing reliable processes, including the concept of critical control points.
· Self-starter that is results oriented with a sense of urgency.
· Experience with practical applications of commissioning, validation/verification activities Experience in qualifying and commissioning of food processing equipment.
· Knowledge of food regulatory compliance requirements. Applies fundamentals of analysis, design and resolution of process development problems. Understands principles of Quality by Design.
· Effective problem solving skills, uses rigorous logic and methods for effective solutions
· Applies prioritization, time management, resource planning and allocation in the execution of multiple projects.
· Effectively communicates technical topics to various audiences and cross-functional project teams to influence decisions.Strong organization skills (planning, time management, prioritizing).
· Strong communication (oral & written), interpersonal and presentation skills
· Capable to interact with all levels inside and outside the organization, including senior management, customers, consumers and regulatory officials.
· Experience working with government regulatory agencies, e.g., US-FDA, Health Canada.
· Experience with food certifying organizations & practices: cGMP, HACCP; ISO, SQF (GFSI), organic, Kosher, Halal, Gluten Free Ability to travel 30-50%+ domestically or internationally
· 7+ years’ experience in Food Industry with 5+ years’ experience in contract supplier management role.
Gordonsville, Virginia, United States
Position Physical Requirements
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org