The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Supervisor - AdvancePierre Foods - Enid, OK
is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse, dedicated
workforce. We have an opening for a Quality Supervisor. We are proud to have
a diverse team, value individual contributions and talent and provide a wide
array of developmental opportunities, rewarding employees who are
results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and can align their work
activities with our goals.
· Will act as the facility SQF Practitioner in the Quality Manager's absence.
· Verify and validate the established Quality Programs; PCCP, Child Nutrition, Process controls, SSOP and HACCP Programs.
· Verify Quality functions on incoming raw material, in process, and finished goods to ensure compliance to specifications.
· Supervise the staff of Quality Technicians and Auditors.
· Monitor procedures and customer program requirements.
· Conduct tests, projects, and process improvement work to obtain company's goals.
· Investigate customer complaints and assist in product recall.
· Maintain and verify all products on Quality, HACCP, and Outside HOLD.
· Work with other departments on continuous improvement of quality, yields, and efficiencies so the company can be more successful.
· Improve the effectiveness of the Quality and SQF system to better serve the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Ensure food safety and personal safety of people in our plant.
· Monitor production conditions, specifications, process controls, and tracking controls.
· Develop and monitor a system that will verify checks on existing production control forms and be audited on the same forms that meets all program requirements.
· Assure that formulas, grinding instructions, product specification sheets are verified each shift.
· Develop and train Quality Auditors to monitor the HACCP paperwork that team leaders have verified and assigned personnel have monitored HACCP, CCP's and control points. If problems exist, then take appropriate measures to correct any problems.
· Audit and verify all temperatures recorded on the production line. Take corrective actions whenever necessary; assist in determining the root cause and development of a preventative action plan.
· Audit and verify weights of portions, raw and cooked, against the weights on the product specification sheet. Take corrective actions when necessary.
· Develop and monitor finished product evaluations as determined by customer or in-house requirements.
· Verify sanitation pre-operational inspections and advise the sanitation management of any deficiencies that need corrected that night.
· Monitor all Quality procedures and create or update procedures as necessary.
· Write an agenda and schedule weekly Quality meetings and monthly Quality Technician meetings. Keep all Quality associates informed of company developments or changes affecting product specifications, Quality procedures, or process changes (as directed by the Quality Manager).
· Work closely with the USDA in maintaining compliance with federal regulations for labeling, sanitation, and operating procedures.
· Work closely with Production, Customer Relations, Sales, Distribution and Warehousing to achieve company goals for quality, productivity, and yields.
· Perform special assignments as needed by the Quality Manager.
· Effectively utilize the resources (personnel and lab) of the Quality Department. Monitor the time clock report daily and adjust for discrepancies.
· Review budgeted line items that you control monthly.
· Verify SSOP, GMPs, and HACCP, CCP as required or directed by the Quality Manager.
· Conduct plant walk through to verify that Auditors are addressing their responsibilities and are at their assigned stations.
· Monitor associates' personal sanitation practices on the production floor then notify your Quality Auditor and production supervisor if problems exist in their areas.
· Train Quality Auditor as well as mentor team leaders in quality issues.
· Attend production meetings to address issues that Auditors cannot get solved on their own or special tests.
· Verify that the paper work is completed correctly.
· Pre shipment review of HACCP paperwork in a timely manner that does not unnecessarily delay shipping.
· Review production paperwork for correctness and completeness.
· Audit and fill out paper for Daily Facility Audit (SSOP).
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Self-motivated and work well without close supervision.
· Be capable of making sound judgments and decisions.
· Be able to direct personnel and discipline fairly and consistently.
· Be able to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science/Technology is preferred or degreed in a related science area with a minimum of 2 years' work experience in Quality.
you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary,
please APPLY now!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org