The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Control Analyst – MFG - San Jose, CA
· Responsible for the Quality Management System with a focus on quality standards that drive FDA compliance and cGMP practices. You will be responsible for writing, training, ensuring adherence to SOP's.
· Develop and execute ongoing training programs for every process within the organization aligned with SOPs and FDA guidelines.
· Perform all required sampling, quarantining, and testing of dietary supplements and raw materials.
· Develop and implement a document control process for all areas of production where documents are generated and require tracking.
· Oversee quality and manufacturing teams in monitoring process adherence in all operations.
· Implement quality GMP audit programs for all critical control points within the receiving, production, and distribution processes.
· Serve as point person to all 3rd party and regulatory agencies.
· A Food/Dietary Supplement manufacturing background is preferable.
· Bachelor’s degree in food related courses (food science, food technology, microbiology, etc.) with additional food manufacturing experience in Quality Assurance and/or product development.
· Supervisory experience of multiple associates in food and/or consumer product manufacturing and distribution, with additional preference for experience working within an auditing function.
· Previous experience working with manufacturers in a quality or food safety role
· Proven ability to train personnel in practices and procedures
· Proven ability to develop and implement QA policies and direct work associated with product quality and food safety in a manufacturing environment.
· In depth knowledge of food safety, product quality programs, preventive QC methods, GMP's, food allergens, HACCP and manufacturing systems
· Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business related applications.
· Ability to motivate, managing, lead, and influence subordinates, peers, and superiors.
· Ability to act with a sense of urgency
· Knowledge of kosher, organic, and international standardization programs for food safety (Global Food Safety Initiative).
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements for food and general merchandise for import and export. Serve as key contact to regulatory agencies.
· Working knowledge of labeling requirements for Consumer Brand products
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com