TFH Publications/Nylabone Products, a leading pet supply manufacturer
is seeking a Food Scientist to work in our Neptune, NJ location.
Nylabone® Products is a respected
producer of premium dog products, and the Leader in Responsible Pet Care
for Over 50 Years®. Nylabone is a division of
T.F.H. Publications, Inc., the world’s most distinguished publisher of
high-quality care and training books for pets, and a founding member of
the American Pet Products Association (APPA). Nylabone
is recognized for its excellence, quality, innovation and leadership in
today’s pet industry. Its patented and patent-pending products are
frequently industry award-winners. T.F.H./Nylabone
is a subsidiary of Central Garden & Pet Company. A majority of
our products are innovated, designed, engineered, and manufactured in
Neptune City, NJ.
The Food Scientist at
our TFH/Nylabone Products manufacturing
facility is accountable for providing leadership in our pet product
development efforts. This role owns product development and quality
and through hands-on action ensuring Nylabone
branded products meet or exceed consumer requirements.
For more information,
visit www.nylabone.com. The company
culture can be characterized as entrepreneurial, profit oriented, highly
customer responsive and team focused.
Please see our web site
for additional company information – www.central.com
• Develops and
orchestrates pet food product development processes and systems
• Leads the product innovation process for the TFH business unit
• Drives high integrity in product standards, formulas,
product/ingredient specifications that meet operations, regulatory,
consumer/customer needs, including final product economics of production
• Embraces existing and introduces new business processes, such as
LEAN; incorporating the principles into every day work, and contributing
to continuous improvement to increase their effectiveness and efficiency
• Champion development and introduction of new product innovation
for Nylabone, translating experimental and
consumer learning and technical expertise into effective offering news
that delights our consumers and drives profitable growth.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Creative Development team in
establishing innovative products and success criteria.
• Identify new areas for innovation, claims/nutritional potential,
improved profitability and increased sustainability through 1)
Maintaining a keen awareness of competitive products, and new
developments in product, ingredient and processing technologies, grocery,
pet specialty, mass retailer trends and other external consumer or
customer trends that could influence industry and product direction. 2)
Effectively incorporating these learning’s into business plans to drive
new idea potential.
• As a leader, actively participate in and influence initiatives to
enhance the TFH/Nylabone organization.
• BS required in
Food Science, Food Chemistry, Cereal Technology, Food/Chemical
Engineering or related field. Advanced degrees MS or PH.D. in related scientific field strongly preferred
• Strong preference for pet food development experience and animal
• A minimum of ten to fifteen years of successful product
development experience in a fast-paced CPG environment.
• Extruding experience is vital to the success in this role.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a product development
function that drives quality and innovation, along with an
entrepreneurial spirit and results orientation.
• Must possess strong regulatory as well as food safety knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be creative, highly skilled and innovative. Prefer a
candidate in-role today.
• Proven scientific skills, financial business acumen and mature
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER OF FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS A VEVRAA FEDERAL